1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You mean some people actually doubted how good DMo could be?

How crazy is that?

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

T Jones off the bench would be bad ass.

Canaan
    Terry
    Papa
    T Jones
    Dmo/Dorsey

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He would have gotten garbage trading DMo prior to this season. Remember he got only a 2nd rounder for Marcus Morris when he was still decent. DMo was less than decent before this season.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed...other than Harden beasting Dmo has been a huge story. Ironically, its by disregarding Morey's plan of trying to turn him into a spot up shooter too.

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You have to admire basketballhollic's persistence though. The guy has been fighting the war since day 1. I personally like TJ, but Dmo to me has earned the starting position at this point.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If D-Mo played while Jones sat on the bench last year, we beat Portland.

McHale was forced to play D-Mo entirely be accident. He mostly could have done last year what he's doing this year if given minutes.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

something "clicked" for DMO in the last few weeks. given his play in the games leading up to his epiphany, i'm not sure it could have happened sooner. regardless, he's become a very nice post option.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Consistent playing time and shot opportunities is the only thing that clicked. If Jones and Howard didn't get hurt, he would still be a minor rotation player who everybody thought was a scrub.

This should have happened sooner if McHale had any foresight whatsoever.

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

And not being relegated to being a spot up shooter in the corner jacking up 3s. A 7 footer playing to his strengths is what is sounds like.

10. basketballholic

That's right. What clicked was he knew he was going to get minutes and touches and the team needed him to spearhead the interior attack.

11. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL just eat your crow and move on man. You've been down on Morey for a long time...he upgraded Parsons into Ariza and stuck with a talented guy way longer than people wanted to. Morey is pretty damn good at his job. Glad he's doing it instead of the armchair reactionaries from this summer.

12. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Absolutely agree, Mchale was stunting Dmo's growth based on who he preferred out on the court, and admittedly when DMo got opportunities last year and ever very early this year he as always "looking over his shoulder" it felt like and thus would have a decent game here and there, but then would just flat out suck in bunches, and I that is because he was immediately expecting the hook the minute he made an error, not unlike Lin to a certain degree.

I was fearing what might happen when Howard came back, but if last nights game was any indication of what we might come to expect over the course of the season, what a wonderful luxury to have (assuming TJ is able to even come back at some point this year). I hope McHale is smart enough not to make a hair trigger decision to throw TJ back out there as a starter (unlikely as he will have to play himself back into game shape after being out this long) and let the best player emerge as they progress deeper into the season.

I have to admit after watching Dmo a few games early in the season i straight up wrote the guy off as trash, but he has made a massive jump from wtf Dmo, to wow WTF Dmo and that is a very good thing !!!!

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

There's nothing to eat crow about, I think Dmo has had his chances this year and years before, but he simply looked lost out there most of the time and rushed his post moves and interior shots.

He finally found his confidence somehow, and kind of finally calmed down this season and is able to actually utilize his talent and skills on the court.

1 person likes this.
  14. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No I agree about DMo specifically, I was just referring to eating crow about Morey. If you listened to LPH and TheFreak this summer, you would have thought that we were headed straight for the lottery. They were wrong about the Parsons/Ariza exchange, plain and simple.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yes that and James Harden becoming defensive 1st team worthy. Also, Canaan's 3pt shooting and T Jones balling before he got hurt. Papa has changed the outlook on the season too.....But they are all hurt right now.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yep, he sure would rush that one post attempt he got every game. All of us have been screaming for regular post chances and he never got them.

Lo and behold, he gets post touches and he "suddenly" figures it out.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

No, we were right about the ****fest storm , chasing the likes of melo and all. We could have had Lowry, but (I think its Les, not Morey) we had to shake our ass for big names. Hell, even Morey said he was maintaining flexibility for next season or 2080 when we have robot basketball players or w.e. That doesn't sound like someone too confident about his team's chances. In summary, stop telling people to eat crow when you have 3 main courses piled up.

18. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Are people seriously defending the media's "we got worse" narrative?

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yes because the alternative of giving Morey credit is too much for them to handle.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You would think that Rockets fans would know better.