1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

True that. Jones is an average defender. No more and no less. And yes, I do have the numbers to back that up. HOWEVER, I hope that when Jones returns he starts next to Howard. D-Mo is much to valuable backing up Howard. 48 minutes of great paint defense anyone? Sounds like heaven to me. Let D-Mo start against the Blakes and LMAs in the league if needed. But I doubt it will be. Just bring D-Mo in at 6 to go in the first and pull Howard with 3 to go in the first.

2. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Who ever starts at PF makes me no difference just as long Dmo gets his min and touches, cheerio(just finished watching arians interview )

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

How do you feel about changing the starting line-up frequently ?We have had to due to injury this year . I think ideally you start one player for continuity's sake. I'm really not sure how much of a difference it makes but you hear players, coaches , and analysists talk about it all the time. It might be a load of bullcrap too. I think you could start either jones or dmo and bring the other in early for matchup problems. For example if jones starts then against bigger players you can bring dmo in after 4 minutes or so . I know it's difficult to do in managing rest and you prolly won't get 48 min of pure dmo or Howard . But is it any more difficult to changing the actual starting lineup ? I don't know. However , I think McHale probably will feel comfortable enough and is old school enough so that once he sets his starting 5 he won't change it matchup to matchup . I think in the playoffs that was a more desperation type move.

Also I still want to see how dmo meshes with Dwight . I'm a big fan of putting your best talent on the floor at the same time so I am looking forward to when Dwight comes back .

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, max level with the Rockets. If he continues to progress and adds a midrange game, he will stay. Like you said, he is a rare player. Some of the best post moves in the game. Refs use to call him for traveling all the time it felt like. Now they give him respect. They should really keep the NO pick, because I like where this young team is going.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

A Max level contract for DMO in 2016........

Lets Slow down here

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

This is Clutchfans. Posters will never slow down.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he continues at his current level he'd be more deserving of one than Chandler Parsons.....

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You do realize that the total team cap space is going to increase by $600M+ (30%) that summer don't you? Teams will have money to burn. Literally. It is quite reasonable to expect D-Mo to have multiple max contract offers that summer.

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I disagree. At least Chandler Parsons can consistently score in double digits unlike D-Mo.

10. omgTHEpotential

He said if he continues at his current level... At his current level DMo can consistently score in double digits.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he keeps playing as he's currently playing he could score in double digits easily. When you can put clown shoes on Marc Gasol with your post moves, they're REALLY good. On top of that, his height and defense is something Parsons could only dream of.

12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Lets just see how he does over a full season first, when teams start to adjust to his game and then we go from there.

He has played better, but lets hold the max talk till he shows us consistently play at this level and not just have a hot streak.

13. omgTHEpotential

Not sure if you can call a great defensive effort over 18 games a 'hot streak'. Even if DMo gets in an offensive slump, I still expect him to contribute on defense much more than T-Jones ever does.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I have decided not to post that.

15. omgTHEpotential

16. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

Now that ive seen Dmo in extended minutes. I think a good comparison would be Greg Monroe. Little less athleticism , more range and height though. Post game is about the same , Dmo maybe a little smoother. Dmo team D is better also.

But Dmo right now is taking the league by storm. I wanna see what happens when teams have real scouting reports on him ready.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The double will come early. But D-Mo is a great passer. And can score through the DT. We will see. It should be interesting. And I am not sure about that Monroe comparison. D-Mo is much better on defense and in the post. Of course Monroe with Smith and Drummond is impossible to analyze.

18. Raven

Raven Member

He's playing better, but it's way too early to speculate on the size of his next contract.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

if Dmo gets 30+ min a night like Parsons does, he can score in double digits even on a bad shooting night.

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

[​IMG]