1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Bucks trying to guard D-Mo in the post with Scrubby Ilyasova and Jabari Parker was bordering on comedy. One of the reasons I still like him more at PF.

http://on.nba.com/1v5OtQD

2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Now the question is: will Dmo be replaced in the starting lineup once Tjones is healthy?

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Lol some posters.

There has been a vocal minority that has been clamoring for DMo to get touches in the post since his rookie year (instead of standing at the 3pt line)

We're glad Mcfail has finally decided to instruct the players to feed DMo in the post but let's not act like DMo has developed a post game in the offseason.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

D-Mo may be one of the few bigs that is quick enough to play PF and big enough to play center. I would be just fine if D-Mo averaged 30 minutes a game backing up both Howard and Jones. That would be a rare luxury for the Rockets.

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

and rebound like crazy.

6. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

this..

I'm not surprised by Dmo and his performances. Dumb ass mchale misused him horribly and try to make him strictly a shooter, which in turned killed his confidence as a player. Now that Dmo is doing what he does best his confidence is through the roof.

The question is when everybody is back will Dmo still get his touches in the post?

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Holy **** DMo looked very impressive last night. Looks incredible in the post, and quick enough to beat his defender off the perimeter. If he keeps it up this year he's in for a huge pay day, one we probably won't be able to match.

8. kemah

kemah Member

lol

No he won't and he be very limited in doing so. He will be the back up 4 and some minutes at the 5. Black and Dorsey are the back up 5's.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

When Dwight is back I don't think DMo will be used in the post as much, which is unfortunate since he has looked incredible posting up.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And that is the root of the problem. I have been saying for the last few weeks that D-Mo will be heading into the summer of 2016 expecting multiple 8 figure offers. But 2016 will usher in a cap increase of over $20M a team. And interestingly enough, Howard holds a player option for that summer. Morey will be busy.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Only out of necessity. When Howard and Jones get back, I expect that the Rockets will have 48 minutes of truly excellent paint protection. And that defense at the 5 will not involve either Black or Dorsey.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you didn't watch last season when his post moves were all fancy but rimming out or didn't go in most of the time?

McHale cannot start wearing a jersey and instruct him by doing those post moves again and again until they get in.

One inch different and the ball would not go in.

It is very easy for people to say feed him in the post when his shot wasn't falling no matter how fancy his moves were last year.

Learning how to defend and staying on the floor while not rushing his shots were instrumental.

Practice helped more than you think, they all go hard in scrimmages.
    It takes more time for big men.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Last 5 games by Dmo

14.8 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.6 assist, .8 steals, shooting 59%

Looks like he's finally finding a grove, I hope he can be consistent with it. I remember him looking great for a stretch of 10 games his rookie season (maybe is was his sophomore) but then he just disappeared for the rest of the season. I honestly think all he needs, and has to have, for him to keep up his play is the damn ball and some consistent minutes. He has never truly had that for a full season because one bad game and he wouldn't play the next because of our PF depth. Well that's all gone now and we can see he can create if take your time to post him up correctly, and let him do his thing.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The most important thing for a five to do is lock down the paint. And rebound. Scoring 15+ is just icing on the cake. Witness Asik and Hibbert.

I believe that McHale's PT philosophy is coaching and practice for non-starters, and when you get your chance to produce, show me something. If you don't you go back to practice and coaching. Sounds reasonable to me.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sorry 2.2 assist, not 3.6.

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

If you guys don't want him, we'll take him!

Your Friends,
    The Lakers

17. omgTHEpotential

Still very impressive if he manages to keep it over 2apg. At DMo's age Noah was averaging 2.1apg per 32mpg.

18. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

He looks like young Pau Gasol to me during these 5 games stretch.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has always had it in him, just needed consistent minutes and a coach that doesn't yank him out when he makes a mistake.

Now the Rockets have a choice to make, arguably, DMo has the most upside of anyone on the Rockets, his speed, quickness, and ability to play great position Defense makes him a valuable starting player.

In all truth, the Rockets are at their best when they are moving the ball, and Dmo does that better than any big on the team, with Dwight having an opt out after next year, you can't trade Dmo for anything short of another star player.

Because if Morey can't swing for the fences around H&H, maybe he can with H&M...

DD

1 person likes this.
  20. omgTHEpotential

Pau's much longer. DMo's quicker though.