1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. brennan713

brennan713 Member

Yeesh. What a reach that video is.

I'm sure that'll make some Lin fans log back in to their account and post here. More ad $ is always nice.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

reach? that was real evidence that you can change the state, the coach, the team, but you get the exact same erratic turnover prone low IQ player as before

none of these Lin fans have money or click on links, you think their parents are dumb enough to give them credit cards?

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Same recurring thought I had reading the countless posts by the Lin nut jobs over the past couple years.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You missed the point.

Everyone has bad games and every player has holes in their game.

But for some reason all of Lin's problems were always because of someone else.

Lin is who he is. He is going to have some good days and a lot of bad days, but according to the crazies there we will always be some scapegoat for those bad days.

Who is it going to be now? Scott? Kobe? Lakers management?

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The ideal scenario would have been: We do not cut him and let him have his glorious moment here in Houston till he fizzles out and get rid of him later

We were not going anywhere at that precise time
    Would have spared us a lot of trouble

I know it is hindsight but keeping 6'3 guards a little longer is not an uncommon habit
    Just in case for the future: See also Livingston

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Shouldn't be anyone. This was completely on him. To the crazies who do blame everyone else, don't waste your time on them.

7. Throttle

Throttle Member

i thk there arent anymore LOFs left here, just trolls keeping threads like these alive...

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

As many of us correctly pointed out; Lin simply does not belong in the NBA. The Rockets were actually a blessing because our star studded squad led by the best two guard in the NBA were able to cover his vast array of weaknesses. Given (and I mean handed by injury) a starting role on a team bound for the lottery Lin simply folded once again under the bright lights. Personally, I wouldn't trust him to sack my groceries correctly

9. King1

Outstanding video as always

10. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

If Lin was Atheist, he probably wouldn't suck so much.

11. King1

A reach? It was a highlight (or should I say lowlight) package for the evening. If anything the video is not only an accurate portrayal of Lin's performance tonight but also what is left of his career

#2191 King1, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  12. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

It is perfectly fine to have your favor player be a bench player but just realize he is actually a bench player.

2 people like this.
  13. bilease

bilease Member

I'm wondering if we will see similiar videos from the Knicks when Tyson Chandler has a bad game, or from the Mavs when Vince Carter does. Probably not, what is it with Clutchfans and their hatred of previous players? And although I am absolutely not a Lin fan, you can see how ridiculous this video is at the clip where Howard fouled him, what's negative about drawing a foul? He got to shoot free throws. Sure, he did play an awful game, but I just dont get why you guys cant move on.

14. King1

Rustlemania

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

16. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

They don't hate Lin, they are trolling Posters Like you.

come on, this has been going on for more than 2 years, I hope you see it now.

stop posting like Lin is the Victim and this will stop.

17. bilease

bilease Member

Posters like me? What kind of poster am I? I signed up some weeks ago, never read these forums before. How should I realize something that was "going on for more than 2 years"? Please, use your brain before you reply. And it's not just Lin, it's the same with Parsons. Why do you guys seem to hate every guy that leaves your team? And dont tell me it was the way they left, Lin got traded. Making such a video is weird enough, but including scenes where the player got fouled or simply missed a shot? Which player makes every shot?

18. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

I'm a Lin fan but he had a pretty bad game. He really should be coming off the bench where he can be a decent player. He gave the Lakers that nice little spurt at one point... nice and-1, some nice drives opening up other players, and a few nice assists. Just like he did for the Rockets last year, Lin can be a really good player in spurts.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Ouch. That brings back so many memories. Nice compilation sir.

20. VanityHalfBlack