1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

education, they need it

2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Don't be an ass.

He's right, most Filipinos are band wagoners --- I should know cause I'm Filipino.

So the Lakers, Bulls, and the Heat were popular there last season.

Basically anything that's been hyped by the media.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lakers fans tend to blame D'Antoni for the defense but going from D'Antoni to Byron Scott won't make that much if a difference without adding some defensive talent.

They just don't have a Dwight Howard/Omer Asik type to take away those easy baskets near the rim. They don't even have a Chuck Hayes to take some charges and play quality positional defense.

4. Cranberry_Juice

You could say that it's the only teams they have exposure to, not necessarily making them bandwagon fans.

5. joepu

joepu Member

It's ironic. Lakers fans would never admit it but D'Antoni would do very well with a lineup of Davis, Randle, Kobe, Young and Lin.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

im gonna love seeing what LOFs excuses are for lins flop this year. Will they start to hate kobe for not giving him the ball more? Im sure Isoball is they hated hardens, they're going to hate kobe with a passion.

7. Cranberry_Juice

Haven't the LOF's already left Clutchfans and went to the Lakers forums? What does it matter or are you one of those sad individuals that actually followed them there?

8. theangrycanary

Just heard Steve Nash's nerve got reinjured.

Stick a fork in him. He's done. Don't feel bad for the guy either. He's a gazillionaire, had a great career, and if he stopped playing professional sports can probably live out the rest of his life in phenomenal health.

But as for the NBA? Dude is done. He's almost single handedly destroyed the lakers. Dwight was smart, leaving LA.

I was kinda looking forward to seeing how Lin does this year to see if Houston really was a PG killer, but DAMN. That team is so horrible it will be impossible to judge Lin. That team is HORRIBLE. Full of rookies and old guys. Hard to imagine a worse NBA team. Lin won't be able to drive this year cause THEY REFUSE TO SHOOT 3's! HA! Madness. Paint is absolutely packed. The only two guys who can shoot 3's are Lin and Young. Hilarious.

And after watching that game last night I think Lin might actually be the best player on the team. No handles and all. Unless Kobe somehow rejuvenates again. I mean, it was crazy. No threes. Old guys n rooks... brutal. BRUTAL!

Ed Davis has been looking awesome in preseason, but that might be because he's not really on any scouting reports. But he really just looks good every time I see him play.

I could see a team of Lin/Kobe/Davis/Young/Randle winning 20-30 games... against other trash teams looking to tank/not really trying. But any other combination of players on that roster probably really shouldn't even be playing in the NBA.

When Wes Johnson missed that dunk I just... couldn't believe it. About the only positive he has is that he is supposed to be 'super athletic'.

And when Ronnie Price threw a shoe... OMG. I lost it. Most pitiful thing I've ever seen. I don't know why the Lakers think this 31 year old dude is suddenly going to be able to do something in this league.

I just... just can't believe what I'm seeing out of an NBA team.

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Hispanics like Asians because we give them jobs.

j/k....sorta, has anyone sen the back of a Chinese restaurant lately?

10. New

Your post is one of insulting posts that are typical of CF. Probably a lot of Chinese in Htown make more than you do, especially those work in the Oil industry. Whose job did you give?

11. steady

steady Member

:)

The starters are a disappointment.
    But the bench is fast, and I think are going to be pretty fun to watch.

Davis
    Randle
    Young
    Lin
    Henry
    Kelly
    Clarkson

It's just that the bench is currently decimated with injuries (short term ones) , and none of them played last night except for their rookie Randle.

But, yeah, the Lakers are going to be bad this year.
    Not as bad as they were last night, but still bad.

12. steady

steady Member

.. I should say, the starters are a disappointment except Kobe. Who looked terrible last night, but generally has looked pretty good so far.

13. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I don't think you read it correctly.

It's more of a pun towards Swoly's people.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hotballa is Asian and that's what his post implied.

Many LOF's are so insecure that you jump to conclusions before even reading what the guy had to say and start insulting CF.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hispanics on the west coast actually seem to come to terms with their indigenous more asiatic roots when here on the east coast their seems to be some kind I'm Spanish and that's that kind of denial.

16. hollywoodMarine

Like I said, I hate irrational LOFs as much as the next guy. It's just funny cuz they're not the ones posting obsessively in this thread :p

I think I said many positive things, but I don't have the privilege of going through my post history. You're welcome to dig through it

Umm.. I don't know? That's something you can find out

17. hollywoodMarine

That's interesting. Actually a few of my hispanic acquaintances like Lin, so maybe there is something to that? Or maybe coincidence? Maybe I should do a poll (being in the Marines, get to know a lot of hispanic ppl lol)

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hotballa is asian and owns a restaurant... Meaning he gives people jobs.

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

They have cable TV and Internet as much as you do... lmfao at this comment... you think Philippines is some remote unreached area?

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: [​IMG]

:grin: