1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Your criticism is out dated. The Note 4 is color accurate.

They have always had a wider gamut and better viewing angles as well. The picture quality just isn't debatable.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

iPhone 4, Samsung, Nokia.

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Okay i agree with your assessment :p

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

And I still remember my very first phone was this really crappy LG flip phone. I've come a long way, haha

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There are still a few disadvantages that seem to be inherit with amoled. Whites on amoled screens seem to always have some sort of tint and they are not as bright as LCD panels.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Still torn between note 4 and iphone 6 plus... People wont be able to message me via imessage anymore if i go to note 4...

7. Bandwagoner

The screen on a Note 4 is clearly superior. That is only one of many factors to consider. Sounds like you want an iPhone TBH.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

But the screen being superior means lesser battery life? Nope, i'm actually leaning towards the note 4. I just need a final push.

9. Bandwagoner

OLED uses less energy than LCD but so many other factors are in play with battery life on a phone.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You can you still message iphone users just the same. Sure it's not imessage but the google hangouts app has group messaging feature that's pretty solid.

11. trustme

trustme Member

iPhone 6 will probably be supported for the next 3 iOS versions. Note 4 will probably stop getting useable updates next year.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

So Note 3 users just throw away their phone or do they feel their phone is outdated with the lack of updates? Please elaborate

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

With the apple/iphone dominating most of the market, they have stability and reliability backing them up. Who is to say samsung won't crash and fail and stop producing because of their lack of support? My biggest fear is that this is a playstation vs sega battle... A lot of people liked sega's games and systems ... For good reason... but not many people bought them... Thus their lifespan was cut short... Is this that kind of war or am i off?

14. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I would say you're way off.

You can't go wrong with either phone. Stop dilly-dallying and make a decision. Both are the highest end phones on the market - pretty much the end of the story.

If you prefer the iOS environment, pick it. If you prefer android, pick the Note. That's it.

Edit: treat the phone right, and they will both last the same number of years

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Personally not a fan of Samsung's Touchwiz. But they are both good options, would be fine either way. Just matters what you value more.

Along with the OS preference, having the newest apps and the best supported App Store is important for my usage, as is the easier/faster service of having an Apple Store 10 minutes away. But again YMMV

16. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

The thing about the Note 4 is the SPen; This is where the iPhone 6 Plus doesn't make use of it's screen size. The Note 4 has plenty of tricks up its sleeves with the SPen. Not to mention superior multitasking with the floating and multi-windows capabilities that goes along with a larger screen. The 6 Plus is just a bigger 6 with a few upgrades in hardware.

What else goes with the bigger screen and size? Nothing really. This is where Apple failed with the 6 Plus in my opinion. There's nothing that Apple has added to improve the user experience with the larger screen, just the same iOS you get on the 6. Sure, some of the SPen features are a bit gimmicky but some are actually quite useful. Hell, the pen alone was useful to me with navigating webpages and whatnot on my Note 3 with a custom AOSP ROM which didn't have any of the Samsung apps to begin with.

Now, if you don't plan or see yourself using any of the SPen features or even the SPen itself, then both are a good buy, but if you see yourself as someone who can partake in the SPen and what it brings, then Note 4 is the only answer.

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Fact or myth: samsung phones slow down over time due to bloatware or other issues.

Also, people complain about the touchwiz, is it possible to change that launcher but while keeping the spen apps?

I only use social apps to begin with and not really do anything with app store besides games i buy and play for one month then stop using.

My only regret is all the music i bought from itunes... But i can solve that by just buying a nano i guess.

18. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Anyone ordered an Iphone 6 after 9/20 and received theirs yet?

I ordered one on 9/20 and still see this:

Apple iPhone 6 (16GB Silver)Mobile Share Value for iPhone on 4G LTE (10-200)

Processing
    Previous Ship Date: 10/09/2014 To 10/20/2014

Expected Ship Date: 10/09/2014 To 10/17/2014

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Anybody having issues with Plus and the screen rotating?

20. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I don't own a samsung phones but I have at least a few friends who complain that their phone slows down. few have attributed it to putting apps on their microSD.

you can change your launcher but the biggest culprits of touchwiz are still running in the background eating up memory and slowing your phone down. Plus when you go to the settings touchwiz interface still stares you down in the face.

putting a different launcher is just the equivalent of putting a brown paper bag over that hag you're about to go to bed with :p.