1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Dec 28, 2009.

1. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I love how you're using a sample size of 22 games instead of his whole career. Take a look at his career FG% and 3PT%. Please.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Yet Morey knew this and traded him anyway. Was this done because Les is cheap or was it done because Ariza wasn't fitting in. I believe it was for the latter, though some will always believe it was done strictly to reduce payroll.

And one person will say it was a little of both, just to cover their ass. ;)

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

So it's just a complete coincidence to you that he started playing well the moment we got Martin? Maybe maybe no.

BTW, his field goal percentage was 50% and 46% the prior two years, when he played with a fully formed Lakers squad (kind of like the Rockets squad would be this season).

I agree his three point shooting is a work in progress, but he's shown the ability to hit them in the flow offense. Teams are definitely not going to just let him take open threes.

#843 DCkid, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That depends upon whether he can get more consistent, you don't have to leave him alone, but you don't have to really be up tight on him on the perimeter either.

DD

5. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Ariza didn't fit here, but with CP feeding him the ball and giving him wide open looks, he'll probably have his best season in years. I think he will probably have those stats that DCkid shows for the entire season over there.

Lee will have backup minutes and numbers, and some clutchfans will say the trade was dumb. But Ariza was in the wrong system and cost too much, Lee might be a good backup SG who can guard big PGs (these guys are coming out left and right now in recent drafts) who can out muscle Brooks and Lowery. If Lee is decent offensively/good defensively and Bud has a nice year I think the trade will be seen as a good move.

6. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

It wasnt done simply because Ariza was not fitting in, Ariza needs alot more work than Morey expected, and we dont have the time or money to entertain him while he does. But he will get better.

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Now we can finally use ariza at his proper spot.

8. dwhite

dwhite Member

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's a better player now with that experienced failure I think lol.

10. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Back in the days Ariza was the escape goat in Houston.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pYjOcdkgSNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

More like, we had no stars and needed to rebuild. Ariza wasn't going to be the number 1, or 2, he tried that (wasn't his fault) and failed. Morey won that trade, and then won getting Ariza back now to be a 3rd or 4th option.

Les pays all the time, only fans who don't truly follow the team fail to see how much he spends on us via picks and trades. Cap only works when in position to win.

13. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Morey gambled on Ariza the franchise player and failed.

Now a older, more experience and mature Ariza is back as a role player. This can't really fail.

14. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I think we a lot of people were a bit too hard on Ariza, he was pretty much what I expected during his first stint in Houston. He just didn't have the handles nor court vision to be the next T-Mac like we all wanted.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that never happened, Ariza was suppose to be the perfect fit with Yao Ming, but Yao Ming never played another healthy season and Ariza went full r****d that season on offense. It was the most cringe oworthy thing I've ever witnessed

16. archinkent

archinkent Member

lol at this necro thread. Ariza was pretty much the Lin of the 09-10 season - the scapegoat for every loss.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lin was way better, Ariza was absolutely garbo that season

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I Have Grown To Love Trevor Ariza - thread next....

19. SeabrookMiglla

he came off a great playoffs stretch with the lakers and showed a lot of promise. but he was not to be the #1 option as we experimented with. great 3rd option though, hes a perfect role player to have on a championship caliber team. i think that the players we had in the 09' season were all great IF we had- a healthy yao and tmac.

great supporting cast with no stars to close the gap.

while we were soaking up the 9th seed for 3 season all we were missing was a legit center and a closer.

well folks, thats what we've got now.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

We didn't bring him in to play with Yao. We signed him using the disabled player exception from Yao Ming's injury, meaning we already knew that Yao was going to miss the rest of that upcoming season.