1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

mediocre? Parsons is offended

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Parsons is bum too.

3. Cypress

Cypress Member

Aggressive.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not following you here

5. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

You know when LeBron made the decision, and then in 2010 every arena in the league boo'd him when he touched the ball? Cavs fans ended up burning his jersey, watching every Heat game in hopes of them losing, and then celebrated like it was Mardi Gras when Miami lost to Dallas in 2011.

That's what is going to happen here, except the difference is that Lin is only 95% the player Lebron is.

Kidding :grin: Well, only the second part.

6. Neped

Neped Member

Thats a complement! You must mean 5% of the player Lebron is, and that would make him a scrub.:)

7. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Will Lin be booed when he plays in HOU?

8. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Lebron made a choice to leave Cleveland and did it in such a condescending manner to justify some of the hate he received. Lin was signed by the Rockets for minimum, then released along with Dragic and Lowry, then, within a year, signed again for like $30M after the Linsanity hype, and finally traded to the Lakers along with a first round pick for cash considerations. I think the person that you guys should be booing is Daryl Morey.

Morey is like the guy that buys tech stocks and dumps them when they drop a dollar or two a share, then buys them back after they go up $20 per share. Then after screwing up several iterations makes a bold statement that he only wants to buy blue chip stocks now.

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Hey don't say that. He might delete his clutchfans account too

10. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Good analogy. Just throw Les' money at something in a desperate buy-back. Very surprised they didn't do the big-time splurge on Parsons. Maybe the lesson was learned.

11. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

You're on to something here. I don't' remember what the evaluations of Lin's game were pre-Linsanity. He was kind of invisible.

He made his mark in NYK by his ability to easily blow by the defender going with his right hand. He didn't develop a good outside shot because he didn't need to, it wasn't his game. His offensive game is completely dependent on having the ball and dribbling by people using his speed. After that, it's a a gambler's fate.

12. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Oh, I remember Jeremy Lin. I guess he's on the Lakers now.

13. NotChandlerParsons

Sure. Kevin Martin got booed his first year back. We could argue about whether he deserves it all day but I think he'll definitely get booed.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Only a subset of his fans deserve to be booed.

Lin didn't quit on the team, cause any problems while here or act like a douche when he was traded.

1 person likes this.
  15. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

He was already boo'd last season where the same jersey. highly likely he will be boo'd wearing a different jersey.

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

Facepalm.

The guy doesn't deserve to get booed.

Parsons on the other hand is a different story.

I thought I was gonna be cheering for Asik, Lin, and Parsons when they visit us.

I guess that won't be happening after Parsons' debacle with H-Town this offseason.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

It's amazing how Lin gets more hate on this board than Parsons. Ever since the trade not once has he bad mouthed Houston or the Rockets organization. He's been class all along while Chandler moved on like he's found a new younger, hotter chick. Makes you wonder sometimes..

If only some posters on here had half the class that Lin has. Play on playa. Haters gonna hate.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

No reason for Lin to get boo-ed. He did his best and improved his game while being here in Houston. Classy dude; wish him the best...except against our boys...

Parsons on the other hand...wait never mind. Salvy with his epic post reminds me that role players should never get boo-ed...

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he'll get a hover hand clap.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I dislike Parsons infinitely more than Lin at this point.