1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Watch Jeremy Lin have a career year on the Lakers, and watch Rockets management scratch their heads again and wonder why he didn't play like that for the Rockets.

2. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

yea, because he will have so much freedom to run the show with Kobe at SG instead of Harden.....

3. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Reggie is still on his rookie contract lol...

4. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

What's a career year for Lin? It could happen...anything is possible. If Kobe and Nash break down again I'm sure he will get lots of opportunity. Putting up numbers on a bad team doesnt mean much except to the Jeremy Lin Internet Defense Force. He can lead them to the 12th spot in the West. The dynamic between he and Kobe will be interesting up to a point (and I'm sure ESPN will take us to that point and beyond)

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He might change his name to Jesus Peace cause the name World Peace got taken.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can this thread together with all LOFs be moved to lakersground for good now?

7. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

Yeah, right, try to get anyone of them mentioned above within 5 million! Tell Morey to make that deal! I am sure you'll get Andre Miller with that amount of money. As for the rest, in your dream~ will u be surprised if lillaed get his Max in the years to come?

Let's face it! Trading Lin with nothing in return is sheer idiocy!

Ummm 1) Lin's getting paid $14.9 mill. 2) Ricky Rubio $ 4.7 mill, Andre Miller $4.6, Mo Williams $3.8, Patty Mills $3.5, Damian Lillard $3.3, Randy Foye $3.0, Michael Carter-Williams $2.3, Nate Robinson $2.1. . . .

You mean Lin didn't call a time out in order to be a scapegoat for McHale? Weird. No, he was just inexperienced? Well it's a little late to be learning the basics of basketball. I think my mom would have known to call a time out then. . . .[/QUOTE]

8. calcium

calcium Member

[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiousity, could anyone have called timeout or is it just
    the person with the ball.

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

the person with the ball.[/QUOTE]

The coach can request a Timeout at any point when his team has possession...

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

the person with the ball.[/QUOTE]

The coach can request a Timeout at any point when his team has possession...[/QUOTE]

I.e. if your team is in the process of committing a turnover, your request for a time out will be ignored.

11. Razsan

Razsan Member

The coach can request a Timeout at any point when his team has possession...[/QUOTE]

I.e. if your team is in the process of committing a turnover, your request for a time out will be ignored.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying McHale isn't the quickest wit???

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

In one of the games, the refs ignored Mchale calling a timeout resulting in us being unable to move the ball to the front court. There was some serious ref bull**** going on that series.

13. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

After you've posted 43 times in this thread, you are complaining about what again?

Never mind.

14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I know I'm bumping this thread by saying this, but why does this thread keep getting bumped? Why does it even exist?

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

See below.

16. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Although not needed, I am sure that the additional traffic does not actually hurt the site. Over 1000 comments and 100,000 views and you all act like it is such a chore to keep this thread open. Agree or disagree with the topic, but it is one of the most popular of a slow summer. Ironic thing is I got banished by Clutch for writing the thread (so that should make you happy FTW, Tinman, Rocket2W, etc.). Original intent of thread was to discuss the trade and the lack of return received from the Lakers. Sorry to disappoint you all, but never been a LOF (here yrs before he was a rocket), but I still to this day feel we got ripped off in that trade. Hopefully, Morey pulls some magic out of the hat and gets us Bledsoe, Rubio, etc. for what we have left that is tradeable.

17. Jim Stinehart

Jim Stinehart Member

A career year for Lin would be if Lin plays this year like Goran Dragic did last year, and if the Lakers turn out to be viable contenders for a playoff spot. As to both of those questions, the first game of the season, Rockets vs. Lakers, may tell the tale. The issue is whether Lin will have the ball in his hands and be the playmaker (which rarely was allowed to happen in Houston).

18. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

poor guy. good intentions. thread got some trolls. although some offered nice discussions. will come and check again.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Umm no? Here is the REAL truth:

- OP has a history of making extremely poor threads as pointed out a few pages earlier
    - OP creates a thread with flame bait title; "Disgusted By Jlin Trade" is not good discussion inducing
    - OP expresses hilarious outrage that somehow a low first rounder that we can buy another one of is some huge price
    - OP continues to try and say that Ish Smith (last on PG depth) will somehow be the one to take leftover JLin minutes
    - OP tries to justify existent of thread through its views and clicks, claiming it drives traffic for OP

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was Disgusted when Lin forgot to call time out and than let Mo Williams pick his pocket in a critical playoff game in the final moments.

Jump passes in traffic are disgusting.

Durian fruit smells disgusting, but I heard it tastes good.