1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cisco is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I love his attitude but Covington is better.

2. baubo

baubo Member

Obviously no downside to this move. He may not be the optimal choice as a rotation player. But love him as a 10th guy who can fill in if someone gets injured.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Pfft. :rolleyes:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BdQ7RcfnMOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. apugh832

apugh832 Member

No he's not my cousin, I have met him though. Neither of which matter when discussing him as a player.

End of the day if you understand value as a talent evaluator I think it's clear Gee makes this team better. Can guard PG's, "small ball" PF's, and everything in between, what's not to like?

5. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

If nothing else, Garcia gives that grit and determination that we need to adopt as a defensive attitude.

He appears to be a great locker room guy and could really help groom some of the younger guys into working on defense.

As a player, if we can get the Cisco who guarded Durant during the playoffs two seasons ago, all is good.
    If we get the Cisco of last season (i saw an aging player, not an injured one some are hinting at) then at least he is good as a mentor.

Best case: a certified 3 and D
    Worst case: a good mentor and lends himself well to developing a winning culture

Solid for a min vet.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If that were true, he'd be valued as more than an expiring contract around the league.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

based off what? he played in maybe 5 games last year. too small a sample. I summer league he looked lost on defense

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol! Seriously though...

Gee, Hopson, Powell and Covington's salaries add up to 6.6

150% of 6.6 = 9.9

So by just cutting them we would basically be throwing away a 10 million dollar trade exception that can be combined with other salaries. Idk just doesn't make sense, definitely not Morey's style to throw away a huge asset like that just so we can sign players like Ish Smith, Garcia, Adrian and Dorsey.

9. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

He is younger and more athletic. He has as good range as Garcia also.

10. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Glad to have Cisco back, seems like a great vet to have around a young team

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Strange isn't it? Kind of like, he is a Membo, but he is our Membo.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Latin Matt Bullard

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I love this move in light of the fact that we have a respectable SF rotation.

Ariza/Papa/Garcia > Parsons/Garcia/???

14. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Cisco will play as much as last year in my opinion. Not much, but he adds a toughness to the team and veteran leadership. If a fight is breaking out, he will be the first to defend you, and you need those types of players to develop an identity, especially if we are looking to go defensive next year.
    We don't lose anything with this move because he doesn't complain if he's on the bench, and will try his best if called upon.