1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach K: James Harden ‘has been as good a leader as we’ve had’ for Team USA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Already stated and obvious, but the brilliance of Coach K never ceases to amaze me. He's always working on so many levels.

I think James WILL bring this back and not "lose" it. He is maturing as a person AND as a player. His life experiences/people who influence him will go a long way. Even though it's the WC, don't underestimate winning and being a leader. It's not going to leave him...au contraire, it will make him even better...upstairs....and on the court. Sometimes I think we as fans can't see the forest for the trees...I know it happens to me from time to time..We're so close to James that we lose perspective as to how YOUNG and how GOOD this guy is.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

we should offer Coach K the head coaching job... I doubt he would leave college but we could offer him a really good shot at getting a NBA title

wishful thinking

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Difference is Harden truly knows that coach K is an elite coach and will stand for no nonsense and holds players accountable so he better give it all on both ends or he will get benched.

OTOh I doubt Harden really respects or thinks much of a gimmick coach like McHale , a clueless loser of a coach probably the worst in the NBA. He knows that McHale has zero cojones to hold Harden accountable for anything and Harden is free to do his stuff.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We already have a Coach K.

Coach Kevin.

[​IMG]

5. chrish23

chrish23 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is great. Classic comment.

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

"Coach K had plenty of talks with me, (telling me to) make sure you’re vocal, make sure guys hear you. So, that’s what I tried to do.”

So I KNOW this is a revelation to all the jr GM's around here, but Harden is ONLY NOW coming into his own both talent and leadership wise. Oh did I mention he's still pretty young ?

I am starting to think this is going to be a kick ass year and I am so glad we have been shoved below the radar yet AGAIN !
    We ditched 2 1/2 big energy sucking problem areas going forward and now we know exactly who is IN CHARGE ! The way it should be.

I'm betting on a Rockets blow torch. A Man on a Mission.

Bring it James.

2 people like this.
  7. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

he didn't even want to take the Lakers job with Shaq and Kobe
    what make you think he will take the Rockets job?

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Great comments by K, thanks for sharing.

Is it too complicated, my fellow Clutchfans, to understand that Harden might be a great leader and a phenomenal player, but he still says and does stupid/immature things?

This thread is just another swing of the pendulum of Clutchfans reactions. It doesn't just have to be one way or the other... that's for D&D.

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

Notice how it's coming at a time where he has a competent coach instructing him...?

What a coincidence... and, yes, things learned in a matter of months in a structured environment with competent managerial leadership and a winning culture can easily be undone in the span of a year with a coach like McHale... and Houston's complete lack of structure and winning culture...

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I would faint if that happened. Unbelievable scenario....

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Maybe after the olympics this year.... and with Harden leading as he is, it'll translate to his NBA season as well.

Really hoping the Rockets come out strong this year and making a strong 2nd round appearance featuring a trip to the finals after that along the journey.

Really waiting for the NBA season this year. Lot of crazy things going to happen!

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Coach K far better than McHale. I am also shocked no one has bothered with something about McHale's crappy defense coaching.

13. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

I heard Durant got offended and offered his right cheek.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I still find it staggering that Morey does not get it about coaching, good coaching matters.

McHale will always hamper this team - ALWAYS - he is just not a good coach.

DD

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Somehow people are going to spin it around and credit the first round loss to Portland for the maturation process.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

McHale is better than any coach available though. His contract is up after this year too. Great coaches don't grow on trees.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im disappointed in you.

18. dznutz

dznutz Member

added missing info

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And who would you rather try to hire given the available coaches out there?

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't get how an objective interpretation of this article is supposed to make McHale look bad? Harden's image has taken a beating lately and he needs to repair it along with parts of his game. Apart from that, players in this setting are always going to give extra effort to make sure they don't embarrass their country or themselves in front of their all-star peers or other coaches. I think you can do better than "Coach K good, McHale bad" if you try.