1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Ballmer speech at Clippers press conference

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 18, 2014.

1. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

2. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

The players on the Clippers are "coons" as Nas says. They showed that pride can be bought with money. All the threats of protests were a big joke. They weren't gonna forfeit all those Millions because of "pride". If you stand for something, STAND. Don't sit. Adolf Hitler could've bought them and they still would put on the jersey. Swastika and all. Bunch of puppets.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

That's one passionate owner; exciting times for the Clippers

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I kind of think it's regrettable. I like his passion, but when he goes that far over the top, the entire event is all about him and not about the organization, the city, or the players. As others have said, it didn't look like the players enjoyed that very much; to me, their expressions looked like "out of the frying pan..."

Kind or reminded me of Il Duce actually. Not a flattering look.

EDIT: Ah, just skimmed the Grantland piece from above. I'm not the only one who sees Mussolini pacing the stage I guess.

#24 B-Bob, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Will the Clippers continue to be one of worst franchises in all of professional sports?

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It was like I just watched the love child of Chris Farley and Dick Vitale go nuts on stage.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This cat is going to rack up a ton of fines in his first few years as owner with that mouth. I also predict Chris Paul and Doc giving a few "we appreciate him but wish he would be quiet sometimes" sound bites. Also, an epic feud with Mark Cuban is definitely in the future should the Mavs and Clips meet in the playoffs. I'm talking threats of fisticuffs being uttered to the media.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KkaJe-3tkUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member