1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do agree with your point. That is true. My memories of Dorsey, cause doubt in my mind. I just don't see him improving so rapidly. Part of that is because of his immaturity.

I haven't heard of any evidence that Dorsey has gotten any better either.
    I would love to be wrong.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL. Move two important rotation bigs (who represent alot to the future of the team if they can develop or as trade pieces) in order to free up cap space for a free agent who can have & will likely have his contract matched....

Oh geez... haven't we had enough swing for fences high risk moves for one off-season? Can you imagine if Morey lost D-Mo & Jones for nothing & then Bledsoe ends up getting matched? You think everyone is laughing at him hard now?

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

What about a 3 team deal where we send out TJones, and that N.O. pick to Det, Det sends Monroe to Phoenix, Phoenix sends us Dragic.

4. Nook

Nook Member

It would probably be a S&T with Phoenix... I wouldn't put anything past Morey honestly. Everything is risk/reward based and he doesn't seem to deviate from it. I honestly have my doubts that the Rockets even really like him. I have never heard him connected to the Rockets.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

If there was any kind of deal it'd be dead by now?

I would assume the Rockets limited their to offer to Papanikalou in order to have the necessary cap room to sign Johnson to a 3yr deal and to provide their best possible amnesty bid on Boozer as Jones' replacement.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Plowman- even if you're wrong, thank you for giving me hope lol

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I believe he was the defensive player of the year the year he played in Greece & won a Euroleague championship. He started last year on a final 4 Euroleague team.

He also shattered a backboard with one of his dunks during a game over there if that means anything.

Trust me... he's much better than back in 2008. If all else fails the guy at least can rebound like an animal. Just dont send him to the free throw line.

8. Asian Sensation

PG is not our biggest problem?? :confused:

Then what is?

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Hey, I don't see why PM would troll. He's got a source and he's sharing. Like anything on here, stuff could happen and change the dynamic. Until then, I'll take what he says and enjoy the possibility of adding a Dragon to our team again. Cheers PM!

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

the only move that would really save this next season would be getting Dragic

anything else will be a big let down..

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey himself said PF.

But position isn't entirely relevant. Morey is just looking for a third star. As long as the guy can play with Dwight and Harden, Morey will go after him.

12. King901

King901 Member

Lets go with undersized pf's for 300 bob

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's not a good deal for a guy who can walk in a year. Especially since he has already walked on us once before.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think people realize just how bad Jones was last year defensively.

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we got Dragic back it would make me so happy.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I would do that deal every day of the week.

Dragic went to Phoenix because they gave him a player option when Morey wouldn't. Dragic was very close to McHale and expected to comeback to the Rockets, he was even working out with McHale and Morey during the off season until the deal came in from Phoenix.

17. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Bingo!! That is why I don't think te market for Dragic is going to be that high. What th Rockets have going for them in McHale (crazy how it keeps coming to that) because Dragic really like playing for him while he was here. If the Rockets are willing to pay Dragic next season and can get him for a decent deal I think they do it.

This is all assuming Ofcourse that Dragic is not in PHX plans thus want to get what they can for him now before he becomes just a rental at the deadline.

18. Asian Sensation

How about a PG who can distribute more than 2.7 Assists per game at 30+ minutes so we don't have to watch Harden ISO all day and someone who can get the ball into Dwight to keep him happy and has the ability to find Ariza on the perimeter since he's basically a spot up shooter?

19. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

your numbers from last night def support Dragic

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;Sacramento and Houston, which recently traded Jeremy Lin, could be in the market for a point guard.&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard">@Chris_Broussard</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/EBled2">@EBled2</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Mike K (@Zepp1978) <a href="https://twitter.com/Zepp1978/statuses/489831062361874432">July 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Since it's Broussard reporting...
    [​IMG]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rondo they want, Bledsoe they want, and GD they'll take... as far as I heard</p>&mdash; Drew (@HoustonsOwnDrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonsOwnDrew/statuses/489831968394076160">July 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.