1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. adobo

adobo Member

I for one did appreciate the time Lin was here. Too bad it didn't work out for him and the team with the "fit" thing. I know Lin will explode again, perhaps with the Lakers or another team. I will follow him closely even tho his no longer with the Rockets, but hope he saves his best games against other teams. He has the skills, just need mental confidence to do it again.

Good luck Lin, hope you prove some posters in this GARM wrong (I for one do believe in you, and know you have what it takes to be one of the top PG's, and I have been watching bball for decades)

2. alX

alX Member

...and others, as well.

3. alX

alX Member

and you're on the wrong thread.

man...and you call the lin fans obsessed.

4. alX

alX Member

the guy is gone and you are still ripping on him.
    jesus, some of you guys need help, a life...something.

5. alX

alX Member

no one forced you to click on this thread.
    just your bitter, unhealthy obsession.
    hmmm...sound familiar?

6. adobo

adobo Member

Let it go bro....your restarting another cycle. Ignore the haterz, show your appreciation then just leave the thread. No need for fuel to ignite another round of LOH's vs LOF's. I think everyone has seen each others side's argument 1000x already, its like old old news.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

I did not bother reading through this thread as I am sure it is filled with a lot of LOH diatribe, but I for one wish him well and thank him for his time with the team. I have a ton of respect for anyone who openly confesses to be a Christian as I do, in this day and time. I hope he has a lot of success with the Lakers!!!

8. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Saddest part is we depended on that mediocre player to win games in the playoffs because

Dwight can't touch the ball late(bad FT shooter)

Harden couldn't hit anything

Parsons no showed every 4th quarter

Bev was hurt and sick, and couldn't slow down Lillard

Lin might be an avg player but he almost won game 1 for us, help us win Game 3, when Harden lost the ball, hurt us for game 4,helped us win Game 5(with hardens late time shooting) and would have helped us win Game six if Asik didn't foul on his 3pt

As you said the team played bad

9. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

I am a fan of Yao and Lebron. I just dislike McHale, and don't think this team will win a title under his coaching. He is just the opposite of Popovich. Spurs play team ball and design a good system to utilize each player's strength. No matter what players Rockets add, almost impossible to beat Spurs in playoff series.

This thread about Lin shows no class at all. It is titled "Lin appreciation" thread. If you have a word of appreciation for Lin's two years, write down some here. If you don't have any word of appreciation, get out of here and write in the "Lin is a joke" thread instead.

Lin had good moments and bad ones, but it is insane to blame the playoff lose on a bench player. You can say that to any team. If you think Lin is bad, now you are happy as he is no longer here. If you think Lin is good but misused by Rockets, you are also happy that he will get better fit in LA and won't have one passing to him at the last second.

There is a reason that a long list of players chose not to play for Rockets over the years, not just this summer.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I appreciate the foundation that Lin started.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sorry, but the self-victimization is getting old.

12. coach41

coach41 Member

Lin Fan from the Bay Area. I'm not going away from the forum as there is some "entertainment" in reading the arguments about Harden's defense / etc.

I am glad Lin is with another team. We shall see how another team impacts his play.

Let's look at it this way. The Warriors apparently did well without much coaching at all from Mark Jackson. I doubt any Rockets fans follow the Warriors developments. However, after Jackson got fired, things came out that Jackson didn't game plan and player development wasn't exactly high on his list. Jackson was strictly a motivator. Let's see how the Warriors improve with Kerr and a strong staff.

For Jeremy Lin, I don't know what kind of coaching he got in Houston. Let's see if the Lakers staff will find a way to unlock Jeremy Lin's potential.

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Let's see if lakersground will find a way to unlock your potential, as well.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He'll come back, they always do!

15. coach41

coach41 Member

Nah - too many forums to participate in and I don't really care about the Lakers. I had a NY Knick Jersey as I expected Lin to stay in NY for the long term. I never got a Rox Jersey and won't be getting a Lakers jersey.

No need to hate either. I'm a Lin fan yes but I've watched the Warriors since the 1980's and seen the ups (not many) and downs (a lot).

I think the Rockets are good team though in my opinion, they did not get better and potentially may have gotten slightly worse. No Asik / Lin? Who's your backup center / PG? In any case, the Warriors aren't that improved either unless we end up with Love.

16. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Lakers don't have a a coach yet. Rockets Advantage.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

am I suppose to praise him for that? are you a Rockets fan?

The Portland fans were happy that Lin didn't call time out and got ripped by Mo Williams.

Do Lin fans love that too?

that's the definition of not knowing the situation of the clock and game.

prove me wrong.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

agreed Lin jacked it up in that game. but why do you keep bringing it up? are you going to keep bringing it up into next season if say Nick Johnson does it and compare it to that situation.

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Bye LOF's. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.