1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

I feel like the problem he had here (not having the ball in his hands most of the time) will only be magnified several times in LA. Aside from Nash, whose health is questionable, the players there aren't exactly known for racking up assist numbers (Kobe, Nick Young, Jodie Meeks).

2. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

Jodie Meeks is no longer with the Lakers. He signed with the Pistons, but you make a good point about assist-challenged players in LA.

3. steady

steady Member

Yeah, me too. It will be interesting to see how he does with a new team.

Just remembered though-- AH, we will never see Lin play with PatBev again. That great chemistry they had. We will never see another fast break led by Harden, Parsons and Lin streaking down the floor.

I think no question this is a good thing, for both Lin and Houston. But will miss some of the chemistry, I bet Lin will too. It's been an intense two years.

4. split41

split41 Member

Good post. Same with the posts mentioning we paid $5 mil a year for his services - seems like a good deal for the rox. Some people on this thread showing very little class.

5. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Linsanity II LA style !!! Count on it. Wish Lin the best for a super nice guy.

6. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

Good luck Lin! Just not a right fit in this system we have in Houston. (Do we even have a system?)

7. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Bye Lin. Thanks for 2 years of your non nosense hard work. Sorry things didn't work out here. Wish you all the best.

Remember, "it doesn't matter people love you or hate you, as long as they are thinking about you" -- signed Elgin Baylor,... Allegedly;)

8. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Common, in his appreciation thread, we should say we enjoyed and thanked his contributions to the only 2 wins we had against the Blazers.

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

It's not the LOFs you have to worry about. It's the LOHs and trolls pretending to be LOFs.

And you can bet they'll be here to make things worse.

1 person likes this.
  10. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

I appreciate him leaving and taking all his trash fans with him lol Bye LoF's

11. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Thank you Lin for folding like a "lawn chair' and yet got us those 2 wins against the Blazers. Without you, that could have been a SWEEP!

12. Sommermärchen

You mean like this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ;)

bye lin

13. MMBB

MMBB Contributing Member

Thank you Lin! You will be a winner wherever you go!

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Oh the revenge. LOFs will now be crashing the laker forums and soon be picking on Kobe Bryant.

15. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Thanks for the back to back win against Mavs and Spurs

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lin and Asik's contributions were underappreciated and underrated but were instrumental in the 54 win season. Like Hakeem, Mutumbo and Yao, Lin was a better person and a boon to the community of Houston and beyond.

All of the vitriol and spew about Lin on an appreciation thread is an embarrassment to true fans of the Rockets, the city of Houston and the NBA throughout the world. You should be ashamed of yourselves, and you know who you are.

17. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Thank you Jeremy Lin. I think it's best for all parties for you to move on to a different team. I still think you are a good player, but the Rockets just not the right fit. I will miss you playing for the Rockets. Best of luck.

18. blueice604

blueice604 Member

You know, he was presented with that poisonous contract, and it was his only option available. Who wouldn't accept it, and he did try his best to adapt. Rox should have observed his strength to know how to use him; moreover, Morey shouldn't have given that poisonous contract for him to sign.

If there's someone to blame, I'd blame Morey.

19. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

Look up Kendall Marshalls assist numbers from last year. He is the guy Lin will be replacing. Marshall cant score at all though.

20. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

So is Morley going to get fired if lin sanity 2.0 comes?