1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Affordable Replacements for Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CJLarson, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Who would you choose, assuming we get Bosh?

1. Ariza

88 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Deng

145 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. Tucker

52 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Marion

26 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. Other

31 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The guy can barely walk now. Major foot surgery last year with a foot that gave him chronic problems. Sadly I think he either comes back half the player he was or is done.

2. cdastros

cdastros Member

Chris Douglas Roberts.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

One less potential option

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suns will re-sign forward PJ Tucker to a three-year, $16.5 million deal, a source told Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/487378428794925057">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

3 years of Tucker for the price of 1 year of Parsons.

5. do work son

do work son Member

they would've matched anything we'd offer him, unless we grossly overpaid him. good defense, decent shooter. no other offensive skills, 28, and he's a wildcard.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Tucker was a 29yo restricted free agent. He wasn't going to get paid paid and the Suns weren't going to let him go.

7. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

Any way that we can trade for Deng? So, we don't have to lose TJones (cut) to sign Parsons?

8. dragician

dragician Member

Ariza, hands down.

9. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Papanikalou

10. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

Wesley Johnson

11. ryebread

ryebread Member

Ariza is staying in wash. That team is going to make some noise this season.

12. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Lance Stevenson is interesting gamble.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I wouldn't wait past tomorrow night for LeBrons choice and the impact it would have.

Plan B has to be dealing Lin and signing Deng or Ariza before Parsons clock expires and then matching Parsons. I'd keep Asik as well.

Rockets would then still have both exceptions to use and sign another good bench piece or two like Jordan Hill, etc

Rockets would be in pretty much similar ground as they were before they landed Harden in a trade. Asik, Parsons, Deng/Ariza, Hill, Picks, Prospects, Young Players all available at the trade deadline.

Beverley/Brooks/Canaan
    Harden/Anderson/Daniels
    (Deng/Ariza)/Parsons/Garcia
    Jones/(Hill)/Covington
    Howard/Asik/Motiejunas

Want too just stick it to Cuban and having a good young marketable player like Parsons with a contract that can cover a good chunk of a S&T for a superstar (packaged with picks and filler) is too valuable of an asset.

Could potentially be talking Love, Randolph, Aldridge and who knows what PG's at the trade deadline pair that with Harden, Howard, Deng/Ariza and Beverley or Jones and you have a championship contender

14. do work son

do work son Member

if we keep asik, we only have like 8 million in cap space. that wouldn't be enough to sign deng or ariza imo.

on top of that, there's almost zero percent chance morey signs deng or ariza AND matches parsons. we'd be paying upwards of 25 for 2 guys playing the same position.

15. Fighton

Fighton Member

This.

Fegan and parsons know that houston HAS to match if they want to retain the momentum they've built over this past year. Yes, you can prob find another SF that can play the role that parsons plays on this team but you can't afford anyone AND sign bosh. Parsons is your only option unless you really downgrades the position. Parsons is not the most physically talented guy but he knows the houston system and that's more important to this team right now than most people think.

I'd be very surprised if houston doesn't match.

16. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I'd go 1 year deal fr whoever you sign in free agency to replace Parsons if we have to replace him. I'm not a fan of handicapping the franchise by locking a guy in long term.

17. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Paul Pierce is asking 18 mill for 2 years and I would go that route but we will not need to because we are getting Bosh and matching Parsons. Wait for it tomorrow....book it!

18. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I think replacing Parsons in the short run, shouldn't be that difficult.

I really like him, but I am one of the few who think he may be a bit overvalued, right now.

Perhaps, more so, will be if it hurts in the long term. Parsons, has seemed to improve each year...if he were to continue on that path, boy might be really good.
    But, I think his lack of athleticism will always hold him back from being a upper tier all star type. We all see how awkward he is trying to create with the ball.

19. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

Do we have to give up trade exceptions before we can use cap space?
    Logically speaking that has to be the case, otherwise this is just a loophole to expand payroll rapidly. Someone please confirm this.

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Im a huge Paul Pierce fan. He's older but fairly durable with a great BB IQ of which this team needs desperately and could really help in mentoring Harden. Would be a huge pickup IMO with or without Parsons on the roster.