1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

defense wins championships! parsons == fools gold

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Jul 10, 2014.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

we will not win a championship even with parsons and bosh no matter how good it looks on paper.

with hardens porous defense we need lock down perimeter defenders at the 1 and 3 for a good perimeter D. Look at the spurs model. they surround their stars with 3 and D role players on the cheap. Not throw 15 mill at a gimmicky model with average Defense, whose best skill is snowbirding and cutting. the snowbirding is gimmicky cuz its great in the regular season, but when NBA defenses clamp down in the playoffs, you need a half court offense.

15 million for a 37% 3 point shooter? Yes he does space the floor with his height and 3 point shooting ability, but he's replaceable, especially if we get bosh. we need someone who plays lockdown D and can shoot the 3.

bring shane battier back, that's who we need.

if parsons wasn't a model, how much would he get paid? let him go! we paid mad max like a million a year. mario ellie, like two. both were more valuable than this regular season gimmicky model. he's worth 6-8 million, not 15!

2. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

trololololo

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

4. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

My ignore list is getting larger by the minute these days.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I believe you until i read "bring shane battier back." That dude is old and washed out...let him go.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

battier is retired....

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Parsons regressed defensively. Bosh is solid defensively though

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Parsons can be a great defender when he is locked in, like his rookie year, but his responsibilities on offense grew and he conserved energy on D a bit.

He is a key guy on this team - losing him will hurt a lot.

DD

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Warmly welcome KJ McD's D!

10. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I know they won the ship and all, but we are still talking about the spurs model that got swept by our Rockets during the regular season.

11. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Stop fkng creating threads for same poop dammit

12. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Yeah and they won the championship...:rolleyes:

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If defense wins championships, then why are we trying to build around Harden?

14. jcmoon

you can have a weak link on the perimeter, but the others have to make up for him

15. jcmoon

he can only guard certain ppl well with his height. he'll never be great, doesnt have the lateral quickness regardless of what kobe said. I watched him get burned repeatedly by hayward at the beginning of the game and all through it in fact. has nothing to do with his minutes. and he's not strong enough to stop ppl from backing him down.

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

You know you need a new coach when even Howard did not play defense in playoffs.

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

And how does replacing Parsons with a lesser player improve the team? Waiting to hear from the bitter legion on that one.

18. RedHotRockets01

All in all I'm kinda sad. I wish we could develop a freaking PF but apparently that's asking for too much so we gotta go out and get a Merc!

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I like that the guy who hasn't watched Battier play the last few years is making advice on who we should get to replace Parsons.

I wish I could make stupid threads whenever I felt inclined.

20. jcmoon

if we pay parsons, we'll eventually lose beverley and jones. we'll be over the cap for the next two years, with only the midlevel right? keep beverley and jones and look for bargains. morey's good at finding those.