1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. dtrain0928

dtrain0928 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Donnie Nelson just told Dallas media offer sheet will be submitted tonight. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/CodyPratt32">@CodyPratt32</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> Clock started on Parsons yet?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/487275621655912448">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

In the days leading up to the world cup final? not many, at least not the ones from all but well, 1 country.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Maybe Morey needs to hide out in Ghana lol

4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. Nook

Nook Member

Did anyone ask Donnie if his old man is sloshed in the bar down the street?

I have seen Don Nelson smashed 3-4 times... the man is amazing...

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

The prevailing assumption is that if LeBron goes to Cleveland then Bosh comes to Houston. What if, the Heat tell Bosh they will make him the "man" if he stays? With the right money that could be very appealing.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's a high possibility but if Bosh is SERIOUS about winning, why stay on a broken ship?

8. Aleron

Re-read what you said

ahahahaha, that's what Bosh wants!

9. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

His team couldnt win the title with the best player in the WORLD on it. Imagine where it will be without LeBron?

Based on bosh's personality and lack of making his own decisions, it wouldnt surprise me if he indeed stayed in miami with wade and a bunch of nothing.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm pretty sure Bosh knows he can't be "the man" on a decent team he never could

11. domd221

domd221 Member

Bosh being the man in Miami would essentially be like the Toronto days since Dwyane Wade is basically a walking corpse at this point in his career.

12. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Yeah Im actually not so sure Miami would want that. Bosh is not a first option, regressed some and is on the wrong side of 30. I'd think without LeBron they think rebuild - they might like a s&t for some young talent and picks.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This. Isn't it safe to assume he won't be making up his mind in the next three days? Yes it is possible to sign a contract overseas, but how likely is it.

14. Aleron

it's possible, ipads and all, but the nba can also allow us to count it due to logistics as long as agreed to.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Bosh bailed on Toronto largely because he hated being "the man" on a god awful team and being pushed to play center as much as PF. I'm sure he likes Florida more than Canada, but why would he suddenly love a situation he hated?

The most Miami can do if James leaves is push lifestyle and a larger contract.

Houston would offer a superior team and playing PF next to a star center for the first time in his career.

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

He's not hoing to be able too so, we would have to sign Parsons and be locked up... unless LBJ leaves and we just move on from Parsons and get Bosh. Risk it for the biscuit.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Indeed. Bosh has stated in multiple interviews that he likes being the 3rd guy and likes not having to shoulder the load. Perhaps it's trauma from Toronto fans expecting too much from him or something, but the guy is definitely lacking in terms of that superstars me-me attitude.

Perfect for the Rockets since Harden and Dwight hogs the ball more than enough here in Houston.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

If Deron Williams can do it, so can Bosh

[​IMG]

19. daytripper

daytripper Member

I'm strongly guessing that's what ultimately goes down.

Bron goes back to the Cavs.

Morey and Riley work out a s&t for Bosh which is now necessary for him to get the max after the Dallas/Parsons offer sheet. I would imagine a pick(s) and a young player (T.Jones?) to Miami.

Match Parsons.

20. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Good news, rockets haven't received offer yet. Won't get until tonight. Morey is working for a S&T just to prolong the offer. A S&T I'm sure he doesn't plan on doing. Earliest we'll get it is tonight.