1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

I would have guessed in the 10mil range. So it's surprising.

If we get Bosh, you match and then fill out the roster with small exceptions (like the room exception) and minimum signings.

If we don't get Bosh, you feel disappointed until Sunday, and then you match. Then you use the MLE, and then fill out the roster with small exceptions and minimum signings.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Those Cowboy Stadium nachos :grin:

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

By bad, you must be a POF boy. It's ok, your "secret" is safe with me. ;)

4. conquistador#11

what was it about playing a different brand of ball when a certain hairy player was out? but we shouldn't put much into it, as anything negative is considered 'misquoted'.

5. verysimplejason

Then it should be ok to lose him coz somebody is offering so much more. I don't know why some people hate him.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I really hope he doesn't prefer to play with Dallas, although he definitely screams Uptown to me.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Because he signed with Dallas

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Cuban only did this because he knows Morey has to match. Real petty IMO.

9. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Guys I'm pretty sure he's being sincere about wanting to stay but I mean when a team offers you 15 mil per for 3 years and isn't even all that far from houston.. You would accept too. Money talks

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Idc what he thinks. We'll match and he'll be playing his ass for another contract. Bye bye in 2 years.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Lunacy. I don't believe a thing that's been reported on that. He has to say he wants to play for Dallas, He got offered $fifteen freaking mil. If Houston matches he'll say this is where his heart is. It's all for the cameras.

Dallas is not a better team than Houston. You seriously believe that?

12. Scottay

Scottay Contributing Member

Anyone else think Parsons just screwed Dallas by eating up their available cap space for the next 3 days? We're likely to match, and it looks like we have a shot at Bosh. Parsons may have just duped Cuban.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

And cause Dallas just sucks balls.

14. conquistador#11

though, he should be thankful for mchale not benching him with that atrocious D.
    more than anything it was the $
    sorry for the double post.

15. Mr Chuck Norris

smh.....Coulda got Rondo if he was gonna do BS like this....I dont know whats next. LeBron is taking forever

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

Parsons is is 25.

The Rockets have Harden (24), Howard (28), Beverley (25) and have a legitimate shot at Bosh (30)

The Mavericks have Ellis (28), Chandler (31), Nowitzki (36) and legitimately might be starting Raymond Felton at PG next year.

I have a pretty hard time imagining that anyone could think Dallas is a better team for the next couple of years.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Part of Morey's plan? Probably not. Lol

18. King901

King901 Member

Let is know how all this helps us, break it down by cap. Don't worry we'll wait....

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I ain't even mad at Chandler if it wasn't for him we might not have Dwight right now. I am pretty sure he will be matched, didn't Morey say Dwight and Harden were essentially assistant GMs on the team? Don't think either one of them would be to happy to watch Chandler walk to another team for nothing.

20. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Guys even if we miss out on Bosh we still are not in terrible shape. Look, we match Parsons then we still have Lin's 8+ mill expiring, NO lottery pick, T.Jones, DMo, and plenty of Euro stashes to trade and upgrade.

Is this ideal....no! But come the trade deadline a package of Lin, NO lottery pick, T. Jones might fetch a pretty decent player. Hell, we got Harden for not much more then that!!! Just saying its not the end of the world....just slightly disappointing.