1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's not a matter of whether he's worth it or not. It's a matter of whether we are paying both Parsons AND Bosh with that money, or if it's just Parsons. Either way, we are over the cap, and we won't have the so-called "flexibility" you've been touting.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Why have 2 titles when you can have no titles by keeping Lin!

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

but y'all are discounting the ability to move those players... If something was to come up in the future like Durant or Aldridge or something we could easy send out Parsons to get a third star... But once we sign Bosh he will be almost impossible to unload.

And i think y'all are overselling Les a bit, will Les pay the Tax? sure, but i dont see him doing it every year, not even the richest owners are willing to do that, even the Russian is past that.

4. MFG16

MFG16 Member

A S&T is key to be able to build a bench. If we can get a S&T for Bosh then we keep the MLE and BAE and can use those this summer. If we use cap space to sign bosh then we basically sign guys to vet minimum contracts to fill out he bench. I'm sure Morey has a plan to do this but you never know about Riley. Especially after losing Lebron, hopefully.

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

It could be worse. we could be like the bobcats and absolutely suck, and 0 teams have any interest in working with us. so we just sit there and watch everything

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Arguing about not giving Bosh the max LMFAO. As many posters already stated the cap space is gone once Parsons signs a deal and the Rockets match. The only way to improve is make a big move right now. Ideally you sign and trade DMo, Cannan, Covington, and Lin to Miami or third teams. Sign Bosh and then go over the cap to resign Parsons and Daniels. You're now over the cap and have the MLE and BAE to get a Ariza, Gasol, McRoberts, Miller, whoever for depth at wing, PG, and C.

Bev/Vet
    Harden/Daniels
    Parsons/Vet
    Bosh/Jones
    Howard/Vet

As Riley proved the full MLE can get you a player the caliber of McRoberts which is extremely valuable.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

You can trade Parsons with a max contract for a third star.... you cannot do anything with Bosh if he has a max contract.

8. JD88

JD88 Member

Griffin
    Aldridge
    Love
    Davis
    Dirk
    Bosh

I think Bosh is about the 6th best PF in the league.... Duncan and Ibaka has an argument for #6 as well, but if we can have three top 6 players at their position (along with Parsons), and a scrappy PG who can defend and will only get better, the sky is the limit for this team.

I'd be interested to see who we can land with the money we have left over. The NO pick is a great asset we can use to get a rookie or two.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What do you think we should do then?

In the chance that Anthony, Lowry, Love, Lebron, Bledsoe are all off the market and unattainable what do you do?

You have options a couple of options

Trade Parsons for Rondo
    S&T Bosh for max, keep Parsons
    Trade assets (not Parsons) for J.Smith, or T.Young

All scenario's we'd also have MLE

Or sign or two (with the trade of Lin)

Sign Deng 10 mill/3 years
    Sign Gasol 10 mill/3 years
    Sign Ariza 8-10 mill/3 years
    Sign Tucker 6-8 mill/years

Bosh, keep Parsons and have out MLE is the biggest possible upgrade out of those options IMO.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

except win :cool:

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

they had the best player in the world... we dont have that bruh

12. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

Dude, come on!!! Bosh was not a bad player and he did not average 12 ppg and 7 reb. I believe it was closer to 16 and 7. But his stats are misleading because he was the third option on a half court offense and defensive minded team. So that alone will dwarf his stats. Secondly, they had him playing center, which is not his natural position. He was excreting a lot of energy on the defensive end playing centers that were far bigger and stronger than he was. So once again this limited his offensive production. If Bosh joins red-nation, I believe playing next to Dwight will improve his production on both sides of the ball. Offensively he will have more wide open corner shots due to pick and rolls and doubles from Howard. Plus he shoots somewhere close to 40 percent from the corner 3. IMO he will improve our offense drastically. Defensively, he plays the pick and roll exceptionally and forces turnovers with his length. Lastly, he will bring a leadership to the locker room that needs more experience. I just think you are bitter Lin will be forced out

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm hardly daydreaming about running out to buy a Bosh jersey, but a couple things here:

1) Even if James walks, Miami can still offer Bosh a huge deal to stay. He's not going to a new team unless it's for the max or very close to it. Yes, that is way beyond his worth, but that's the price tag.

2) Overpaying to upgrade the PF position is better than standing pat and trying to move forward with Jones as a starter and no reliable F/C off the bench (Moteijunas has not shown he's that guy).

3) It's not our money.

4) You don't need flexibility as much when your team is stacked. Our roster would be much deeper than Miami's last year. Your top 6 win championships, not the back of the bench. And Morey has shown he can find 2nd round or undrafted talent to fill the bench.

5) If Love's not happening, if Melo isn't coming (thank god)...who is better to place at the 4 that we can get? Pau looks to be on his very last legs. Deng is at best an okay replacement if Parsons is lost.

6) Bosh's shots and rebounds took a huge hit playing next to James and Wade. It doesn't mean he's unable or lost it.

7) Birdman was the only other rotation player in Miami that could be considered a big. Bosh was often out of position as a 5, and it takes a toll banging with centers in the post. If he comes here and is able to play next to a real center for the first time in his career, it will make him much more dangerous - especially on defense where he can be a real weakside shot blocking threat.

8) We can't go into the year without some kind of replacement for Asik behind Howard. Motiejunas isn't that guy, neither is Jones. Bosh can be.

9) Unlike someone like Anthony, we can be relatively sure that there won't be an issue with Bosh fighting with Harden and Howard for shots. Only 12 attempts/game the last two years. As an added bonus, his midrange game fits perfectly with Howard setting up camp in the low blocks.

10) How many players in the league would be better to counter Aldridge with than Bosh?

Unless there's some amazing scenario that I'm unaware of, Bosh (at a high price) upgrades our roster more than any other plausible addition.

2 people like this.
  14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

keep the team together like i have said before... I know its hard for Rockets fans to imagine having the same players for two years in a row but I think we have a solid roster that needs to grow together above anything else

Adding another player just adds another speed bump in the road to developing the chemistry that is needed to win a title.

15. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I agree. And do we really want to have a year with three championship banners hanging in the rafters? That would look silly. Everybody hates odd numbers.

16. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

It wouldn't be just the big 3.
    Name one player on that heat team other than the big 3 that was better than Parsons/Beverly/Jones/Daniels?

Jones>>>>Lewis
    Daniels>>>><<<<Allen (both great shooters)
    Beverly>>>>Chalmers
    Parsons>>>>>Cole/Battier

Also add in Nick Johnson who I think was an absolute steal in the 2nd rd

17. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

*Daniels>>>><<<<Allen (both great shooters)

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You can't make moves today based on the hope that Durant becomes available, our window is NOW. Every year with Harden and Howard is a contending year.

I don't know how else to explain it Parsons contract is forcing the Rockets to go all in which they should anyway. You will essentially have a big 4, two solid pieces in Bev and Jones, the NOP pick, and the MLE and BAE it's brilliant and we are damn fortunate to be in this situation.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bosh averaged

15 points, 5.5 rebounds, one assist, steal, block and turnover per game, shooting 50/40/75% in 20 games averaging 34 minutes.

In the playoffs this year.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Bosh was offered the max from Houston because that is what it takes to get him, other teams have expressed interest.

The upgrade at PF and even back up C is huge.

Bosh is actually a better player than Aldridge, especially when you consider advanced stats. Bosh is a positive defensively and a better shooter. Usage is the difference.

If Bosh is available, then Love probably isn't. It appears that Love is headed to Cleveland if James leaves Miami. So Love isn't even really an option.

Bosh played 75% of the available minutes at the C spots last year when he was on the court.

Bosh's rebounding % is the same as in Toronto, as you said, they have him away from the basket which gives him fewer opportunities.