1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Friedman - Last week with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jul 9, 2014.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I will miss you Jason. Good luck.

2. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I've heard rumors that he's heading the Bible retranslation project entitled "the New Linterpretation".

1 person likes this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This man has done an aces job; best to Jason on his future!

4. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Loved your work Jason, and best of luck~

5. rokit

rokit Member

wish him all the best, excellent writer. those off-season Q&A's with the players were top notch!

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Can someone explain to me what happened to the poster who suggested there was something nefarious about Friedman's history? I tried googling for information, but could not find anything. I see his posts have been deleted. I don't understand why. He had an opinion about Friedman, he suggested there was more to his story, and now it has been deleted?

This is concerning. Not because I care about Friedman, or his past, but because someone has posted a minority opinion and instead of debate, the mods have seemingly responded with fascism.

I am curious what these reports say, and also why these comments were deleted so quickly. Whether you believe he is a good man or not (I have no reason to believe he is not), why hush any suggestion he has a salty past? To the poster who suggested he was not, why not at least reference your claims?

7. ada32

ada32 Member

Thanks Jason for your good work!

I enjoyed your articles and podcasts.

Best of luck to your new journey!

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Thank you sir for all your hard work.

9. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

Jason Freidman really has been awesome to read and listen to for the last several years. He was supportive of the Rockets but not a blind homer. He understood the game better than most writers and was able to translate that into his pieces eloquently without being snooty like some journalists. I will really miss him.

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

ESPN Houston

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

meh...he could be easily replaced.

12. newAge_Rockets

Read what garbage other teams' beat writers put on team sites, and you'll realize that there will be less quality on Rockets.com next year without Mr . Friedman!

13. clutz

clutz Member

I suspect if his vague insinuations had been properly sourced and substantiated, they might still be live, but, as written, those posts held little value in my mind.

You can call it "fascism" if you like, but I think it's well within the bounds of propriety for a board admin to maintain control over the tone and content of postings as he sees fit. I don't think Clutch wanted to see this particular thread get derailed by personal attacks and flame wars.

14. Jimes

Jimes Member

Thanks a lot Jason and sorry to see you go! Consistently great articles and yes, your offseason Q&As were chock full of content and humor.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Jason Freidman is a LOF and he is leaving because Lin will get traded shortly.

In one of his farewell tweets, he sent to Jlin and mentioned something very nice and even said "he is happy and honored to be part of Lin's clan".

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He'll tell us where he is going once LeBron makes his decision.

Damn you, LeBron, damn you.

Good luck and best wishes to JF.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I believe Jason made his own decision on this.

He is a good writer, however, that's not exactly what the NBA needs in this era.

Its about tweets, rumors, high profiles, visual effects, blood.

Even as good a writer as Zach Lowe is, he still need to play the tweet game and also playing the clown game with another clown - Bill Simons.

Time has changed.

Jason is too old school and too low profile.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Damn... I will miss him & will ESPECIALLY miss the podcast w/ him and Ackerman. I randomly went to go check his twitter the other day because it seemed like he'd been very quiet since the postseason ended.

19. fritz145

fritz145 Member

All,

To begin: Thank you. I can't say that enough. I am absolutely overwhelmed by the response. Writing about this team for the past 7-8 years has been a dream come true -- that opportunity on its own is enough to make one eternally grateful. But to have people actually care enough to want to read your thoughts, contemplate them, critique them, praise them -- that is something I have always immensely appreciated and never once taken for granted.

In that regard, this board and its members have been so exceedingly kind, generous and important to me. Whether you loved something I wrote or hated it, the one constant -- and far and away most important thing -- is that you cared. Your collective passion for this team, its story, its ethos, and its past, present and future is nothing short of awe inspiring and a credit to the community that Clutch and company have built. So regardless of whether you enjoyed my work or not, I will always be thankful that you allowed me to play a very small part in your Rockets-centric conversation over the course of the last several years.

Lastly, just to clarify: I am not deathly ill (that I know of), nor has anything similarly catastrophic taking place. Quite simply, I've been presented with an opportunity that was too good to turn down. Yes, my new day job will remove me from the sports world. But the good news (at least as far as I'm concerned) is that it should also provide me with the freedom to pursue other creative opportunities from time to time. I am hopeful that will entail occasional writing about the Rockets and the rest of the NBA. We shall see.

But regardless of what awaits, please know that you have my sincerest gratitude and appreciation. It's been an absolutely amazing ride. And like the rest of you, I can't wait to see what's around the corner.

Jason

7 people like this.
  20. Convictedstupid

So you're gonna be on a podcast with Clutch and Bima soon, right?