1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like Rockets are about to land its third max player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Heck no, he just looks better because he has James and Howard to carry the load. If it were me I'd rather have Hayward than Parsons. Hayward just looked bad last year because he was put in a role that he is not suited for. Put him as the 2nd or better yet, 3rd option, and he will excel.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's one way to look at it

Or Hayward's stats could be inflated because he's the first option on a really ****ty team, meaning if he went to a winning team he and his stats would regress look even more like Even Turner with the Pacers.

4. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Parsons numbers are inflated due to the uptempo style the Rockets play. That 16ppg average is probably closer to 13-14ppg on a team like Utah. Parsons IS NOT worth the max and Morey knows it.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you wanted to say he needs to get laid. Be frank

6. haydenfisher342

If I would have done this I would get banned.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Gordan Hayword isn't handsome

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

so is Kobe, he is da black version of Mamba

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

10. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

gross.

Does Minnesota want Parsons in a S&T for Love, if Parsons is at the max?

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Dammit Carl. I liked you too...

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One element of this story:

Remember when Chandler Parsons switched agents last summer to Dan Fegan, who also represents Dwight?

The agent that Parsons replaced? Mark Bartelstein, who represents, you guessed it, Gordon Hayward.

Anyone thinks that Dan Fegan won't do everything in his power to land Parsons at least what Bartelstein found for Hayward?

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Hopefully he doesnt end up in the same division as Houston, like Asik

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

I know a lot of people on here think Morey budgeted Parsons getting a max contract this off-season but I don't think he did. There were a couple of SF free agents up for grabs this off-season and he was going to let the market determine his value but I doubt he said, damn the cost I'm keeping him here no matter what! Morey has to fill out the bench and 4 Max Players really assures you no quality depth. Just look at the depth on Miami's squad this year. It sacked! we would be in an even worse situation with 4 guys making that level of money. I think if Morey ends up getting Bosh and Parsons deal is anywhere near that max vicinity, he let's him walk or if he signs him, trades him midway through the season in a two or three for one deal.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Like the year before where he was in the same role (3rd/4th option) on a team with almost the same record and was still worse than Parsons, right?

#36 Aleron, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  17. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

According to a poster here, players like Parsons "only come along once in a lifetime."
    Parsons should thank God for his carbon copy Hayward and buy him dinner.

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

d******d, when we sign the third star we can go over the cap to get Parsons. Also Parson's doesn't have to sign a damn offer sheet.

Stop jerking with people. If you want a thread about this signing there already is a section for it. If you want to update the Parsons story, then find a ****ing Parsons/Free agency thread and update it.

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

no need to be an a s s

20. JazzLakerHater

Hayward was awful last year. His percentages went way down from the previous year. Now granted, Utah was horribly coached last year and the coaching staff asked him to do more than he's capable of, but Parsons is still the better player.