1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Except Rudy Gay has terrible stats.

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

Love puts up some Lebron-esque type of numbers. I think most people look at loves stats but don't actually watch him play. If they did, they would know that his impact on the game is not even close to what his numbers indicate.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

A polished turd is still a turd.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

If Tony Douglas is out, and Lin leaves, and we get Bosh...I'd love to have him back as a backup. Not sure there is really anyone out there I'm high on.

5. Chamillionaire

Are they any better than last year? Not sure about that.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, the Rockets do not want a back to the basket PF, and it shows in the players they have targeted (Bosh, Nowitzki, Anderson, Love). Unfortunately the days of Barkley and Malone are gone. I do not want a Randolph type 4, but I would like one that can get some tough buckets inside... be it off of garbage putbacks (Griffin) or skills (Gasol).... and that is one area where Bosh is below average.... having said that, it is a MINOR issue... you are correct, the Rockets want 4's that can defend the pick and roll, move all over the floor defensively, hit open jumpers and pass the ball..... something that Bosh does as well as anyone in the NBA other than a 37 year old Dirk Nowitzki. Truth be told, Bosh is better than LMA at it as well.

7. dje243

dje243 Member

That to me sounds like an underwhelming pitch.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL People act like the Heat flamed out in the first round or missed the playoffs. They made it to the Finals fairly easy.

9. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Isn't Birdman shopping around? Surely someone would offer him more than a vet min contract, right?

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Not a chance

And if I recall correctly, the raptors made the playoffs without having a winning record

Like I said, in basketball, it is absolutely impossible to be a top 5 player and not be able to make the playoffs. Top 10 might be possible, but rare

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

No kidding, right?

"Hey Lebron, I know we added a bunch of junk to our roster, but look at it this way, the Eastern conference still sucks donkey balls, so why not come on back for a free trip to the NBA finals every year?"

The path of least resistance, truly what every competitor strives for.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

They lost multiple games to the completely screwed up Pacers. Just sayin'.

Not sure this year's Pacers could have been any of the western playoff teams.

13. Classic

Classic Member

Very underwhelming.

The stars are a year older and they just made lateral moves everywhere else.

It's still a 54 win team in the weak ass east with Lebron still carrying the load.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not better, not worse, still the best team in the East, and a shoe-in for the Finals? What's not to like? ;)

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

How arbitrary of you. Top 5? NO WAY! Top 10? Maybe. So where was Kobe in 2005? Like 7 ish since he didn't make the playoffs right?

16. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

did espn really just say our starting sf next year would be terrence jones? OMG X10 BILLION

17. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets get Bosh and keep Parsons and fail to "do anything", Kevin McHale will be calling games for ESPN a year from now.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I disagree with most here I guess in that I think that Heat team is probably better than it was last year. McRoberts is being underrated by the BBS.

I don't think they are MUCH better, but they probably a little better.

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Well Kobe was a 3 time NBA champion at that point, hardly the leader of a team with 6 consecutive losing seasons.

I agree that Love is a phenomenal talent, I just don't see him as a top 10 player but it is debatable. Top 5 though? Not a chance.

20. dje243

dje243 Member

Where did you see this?!