1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers sign Spencer Hawes to a four-year deal

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 4, 2014.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Wow this is a great signing, especially considering the going rate for decent backup pgs has been 5 million.

2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Damn Melo gonna make us miss out on everyone.

4. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

how does Hawes only get only slightly more money than Chris Kaman?

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Yes I would if for the MLE, he fits MOREY system perfect

6. Play07

Play07 Member

I would've traded Lin & Asik signed hawes & ppatt as sooon as fee agency hit, still as $15 mill to spend on guards and wing player, we won 54 games last year finished 4th in West without Asik really even playing

1 person likes this.
  7. faraza84

faraza84 Member

How are they going to retain big baby and granger. Also heard they want pierce but he's gonna have to come in at minimum which I'm sure isn't enough even for going back home and playing for doc.

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

Be more honest... Morey is assets driven.. He's not a man driven by team needs... Morey isn't trying to build a team, he's trying to raise the team's prospective value... A star is a much bigger asset than a few key role-players and a better coach that could help this team tremendously...

If and/or once we fail in obtain a star... Morey will then turn to the best available moves left that could contribute later down the road, if not now, to bigger better deals... Not at current team needs...

9. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This is the guy that uses Obama toilet paper. I'm sure he will fit in just fine with ownership.

1 person likes this.
  10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Too focused on chasing stars and losing out on the key role players. Is Morey really genius? Or have we all been bamboozled

11. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

We don't like him. Why? Because I met him at a NFL Draft party once at my neighbors house in college (he went to high school with him and they were buddies). I asked him "How awesome is Yao Ming?" He said, "He sucks." I then asked him... "He sucks??? What about Carl Landry and Luis Scola?" He said, "They weak," in his trying to be a gangster voice.

So I don't like him and you should either. If you like him then you're supporting that Yao sucks and that Landry and Scola are weak. You don't think they suck and are weak... do you? :eek:

12. supdudes

supdudes Member

I just think Spencer Hawes sucks...

At being wangster.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Doc Rivers trying to work sign-and-trade w/ Cavs for Hawes, preserving Clippers exception to still target Paul Pierce, sources tell Y.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/485217701908852736">July 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Unless Clippers are willing to trade JJ Redick or first-round picks to Nets for Paul Pierce, a sign-and-trade is unlikely, sources tell Y</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/485219304778899456">July 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#33 J.R., Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  14. downbytheriver

So who is their backup PG? Backcourt outside of Paul doesn't look great to me

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets don't have the MLE. They have $14-19mil of capspace.

16. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Can Paul Pierce play small forward anymore. Isn't he just a small ball four at this point of his career...

17. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

Sterling recruits one last player before selling the team! Spencer Hawes :grin:

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

DAMN he helps a position of weakness... if we lose out on Melo and also lose out on Hawes I'm gonna be so sad :(

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Great signing. Looks like other teams aren't as dumb as the rockets, stargazing and hoping that the 3rd star= championship prophecy comes true.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure they will find someone at the minimum. Might not be a great pick up but Crawford can step in an man the role.