1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

For 15 mil, you can send me to Charlotte for all i care

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

how many BIG name players are on the market every year? and how many of them are ever in contention?

go do the math and then see how stupid your post is

3. Sommermärchen

:grin: Guess what? obviously you`ll never get paid 15 mil a year, thats why you can come here( clutchfans) to complain instead of putting bible tweets on twitter to your followers :p:p

lol

4. subzor

subzor Member

still doesnt change the fact that this is bad PR on the rocket's part.

there wouldnt even be a story if they used #15. now its all over espn, etc

5. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Please let this be true so this nonsense ends

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

6. James88

James88 Member

It's not bad PR for the Rockets. What player is going to say "Oh ****, they disrespected Lin. I'm not signing with the Rockets."? No one relevant cares about Jeremy Lin.

The only team that wants him is a the team that's actively tanking. Some of you just don't get it. That's what Lin is, he's the backup point guard for a team that's actively trying to lose games.

7. theangrycanary

When I saw that billboard my gut was like, "oof. Ultimate disrespect."

I thought about it, and was like, 'why does this seem sooooo disrespectful?"

Then I realized why.

2 reasons.

1. Melo was the reason Lin left NY. All BS aside. These players have a history, and its not a good one.

2. Because there is a pretty good chance Melo doesn't come to Houston.

Basically, what Houston is saying is, "We value you so little, that we will act as if you don't exist, and pander to your enemy, just on the CHANCE of landing Melo."

If Melo had already signed. Its no big deal. Melo hasn't SIGNED yet! That's why this is so disrespectful. Its like... there is no team. Just a bunch of superstars who only want to play with each other. Its all getting too mercenary for my taste.

1 person likes this.
  8. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

If TJones goes on twitter and complains about it, it will

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Yeah it's being seen as disrespectful all over the internet but guys on this BBS are a bunch of d**b a***s.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That is beyond a loaded statement. Lin was told by NY officials to look at other teams in RFA. They pulled the same stuff Morey does in that they send out feelers to the media and other teams and say they will match whatever offer sheet Lin signs. By doing this, teams usually won't offer much if anything to get Lin. Houston didn't flinch. Houston offered what they deemed appropriate, and then added a bit to sweeten the deal. Lin left because that's what he was told to do, but in truth both he and the Knicks ever really thought he would leave that team. Morey was smart and the use of the poison pill was too much for NY to swallow. Melo had nothing to do with it.

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If they did not inform Lin of using the number...then it's a total disrespect for a player that is still part of the team. There is NO QUESTION that this is disrespect. It's like kicking corpse that is dead...that's what it seems like. Now before anyone chime on this, I am not much of a Lin's fan these days (i can careless if Rockets traded him)...I do support him but I also criticize him for playing mediocre. I speak my mind and if I see something ain't right...i will say it. But I see this as a total disrespect to LIN especially from an organization that at least have some Asian connection with the Yao coming in helping turn this team into a profit organization. I don't care how bad a player Lin is...YOU DO NOT DISRESPECT someone that is still employed. Until, he is fired (traded) then you can do whatever the hell you want. Whoever put up that jersey #, i wonder if they even have a 2nd thought about using Lin's number...probably not. All these Lin's haters...let me ask you this question...if your mom wear #7 and they put up that number....how do you feel now?

1 person likes this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I personally think it was a bit insensitive, but hardly disrespectful. The honest truth is that no relevant free agent gives a damn about Lin and this jersey number nonsense. When was the last time you heard a highly regarded player in the league go "Man! I wish I could go to Houston to play with Jeremy Lin!" Howard? Yes! Harden? Yes! Hell, we can even through in Parsons. Lin on the other hand...

13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

It's on ESPN because of the interest this crap generates. Lin, especially a Lin that seems to be slighted, brings thousands and thousands of clicks and replies.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's not the first time and won't be the last time that a player feel slighted by a team's management. Happened plenty of times in recent years with the Rockets: Battier and Aaron Brooks felt slighted because they didn't get extension offers, Kevin Martin felt slighted because Morey tried to trade him and McHale benched him, Marcus Morris felt disrespected because he didn't get minutes as a rookie, Kyle Lowry felt disrespected because McHale didn't see eye to eye with him. And these are just the items that made the news.

Players have their feelings about things, sometimes they comment on these feelings. And then life goes on.

15. subzor

subzor Member

like i said, the rockets messed up and should have just used #15 and there wouldnt be any story, lin or not.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin is a role player in this league and for the most part role players are irrelevant. They have no say in what the organization does and could be here one day and there the next.

This was not disrespect at all. You have to warrant respect in the first place to be disrespected. Lin as a mediocre player on a horrible contract warrants zero respect.

This is a business. You do what you can best.

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

While I think this has become overblown, why are you making this about his level of play and talent. This is an issue between an organization and it's employee. Just because he isn't a star doesn't make it not disrespectful.

BTW.. While I think it's a bit disrespectful, the fact that there's ESPN articles and 15-page Real GM threads about it is beyond ridiculous

18. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

Could have been handled much better by using another number, ie 15.

Disrespectful to your players. Look at how the Spurs treat their non superstar players; that's class and a champion attitude / organization.

Clutchfans is getting absurd.

19. subzor

subzor Member

how does making melo's #7 instead of #15 change anything? rockets just messed up and didnt think of the consequences... and now its blowing up everywhere.

i do wonder how much we pay our PR team...

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Agreed. I kind of wish our team, PR, GM, whatever, should treat our actual players better than free agents. Something just feels wrong about it.