1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Halo is on PS4. Ha ha. Seriously, so far I like it.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

can someone p/m me a destiny beta code please?

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

nevermind I thought this was for PS3 too

1 person likes this.
  4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I like the co-op. Each map is massively huge with a lot of objectives. Spider tank ftl.

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

F that spider tank! Ha ha.

1 person likes this.
  6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I guess the max group on the fire teams is 3. Beautiful game. Love the way it controls all very smooth

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Very fun game. I can tell I will be able to sink hours into it. Spider tank was a b****...took us about 30 minutes to kill.

Competitive was fun as well though balance is definitely something that will come into question.

Can't say enough how beautiful the game is, and incredibly smooth for an alpha.

Did I mention that snipers feel like Halo snipers? (That's a very good thing)

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

How/where do you fight the spider tank?

1 person likes this.
  9. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

This is for you seclusion. About that spider tank.
    You shoot his legs till the armor blows off. When it blows off, he'll fall down and the front red part will open for 3-5 seconds. That's his weak point for maximum damage. The sniper rifle is a pretty good weapon against it. I did 900 dmg a hit on its leg and I think 1k damage to its weak spot. Btw, you couldn't progress past the spider tank because that was stage 2. If we were on stage 3, it would lead us to the final boss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can change ships and vehicle, go to the ship wright and purchase it.

Impressions: Played the first hour and didn't really like it. Luckily a stranger invited me to co-op with him and I had a blast. Later on I played with a couple of guys here. Not sure how this game is meant to be played, but it reminds me of Resistance 2 co-op, but a lot more fleshed out.

Alpha consists of three stages all in the same world (Old Russia/earth). All it does is put you in a different part of the map with different objectives. I found a nifty place where there was a bunch of level (???) monsters and my attacks wouldn't do anything (was level 6 at the time). Level cap in alpha is 8. When you open a chest in a stage or kill a unique enemy, it stays gone your next play through.

I wasn't interested in this game because I thought it would be a typical FPS, but it's not. It's like a FPS with MMO elements. You have a Tower (lobby with npc/shops) where you can buy new ships/vehicles/armors/weapons/sell items/start quests etc. You can buy or find uncommon/rare items which level up and give you addition perks.

There are three different classes and you can create one of each or more if you want, but the items are not shared between characters. Three different races, not sure if there's any difference between them besides appearance. I think the enemy AI is probably one of the best I've played against.

I went from a skeptic to a believer and will purchase this day one.

1 person likes this.
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, I ran out of sniper ammo long before we fought it. I actually knew that, but I ended up basically having to solo it for the lat 8% due to friends lagging out. We were also much lower levels.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It gave me a five minute time limit to beat the Devi Walker Spider Tank. Almost killed it but time went up, but my ghost still said we killed it anyway even with time expired.

I love the RPG elements of leveling up and upgrading your character. I need to buy a sniper rifle for my Hunter I think I leveled up enough

1 person likes this.
  12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I had a sniper at level 5 or so, it's just a matter of buying it.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is it too late to download this?

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Alpha ends Sunday at 2PM CST, you're not too late.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Do I need a code? Or do I just download it from the playstation store?

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, but I've got an extra one you can have. Shoot me an email: seclusion@gmail.com, I'll forward you the code. It was for Bigben but I haven't heard from him and I don't want it to go to waste.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Email sent and repped.

Thanks!

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Nvm. Need to spread rep around.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No matter. :)

20. throwedyung14

throwedyung14 Contributing Member

My impression of Destiny Alpha: I don't like MMO's and haven't enjoyed Halo since the first one, but I still enjoyed the game a lot. I like the RPG elements. Not quite as high on the hype list as some other games (Bloodborne, Dragon Age, Witcher), but definitely something I'll check out.