1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K mf G, Nov 8, 2013.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

WTF ! :(

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It aint easy to lose weight when you turn 60.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's why no man should get married before age 45.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My first thought was to agree with you (although I weigh what I did in high school. Crazy metabolism). Carrie Fisher has done the impossible. That photo of the cast and big wigs that's been circulating around must have been an old image. Carrie's lost 35 pounds!

[​IMG]

5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

When Star Wars was sold to Disney, they almost immediately hired a trainer to work with Carrie Fisher.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, the results are pretty amazing. By the time they start shooting, she'll probably be even fitter than she is now. Of course, they can enhance her looks a bit during production, as well. They don't need CGI. Makeup and lighting can work wonders.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Most impressive...

I remember that abominable Indiana Jones alien probe movie being a case study on the limits of cgi. I almost thought it was Carrie playing the old flame to Harrison Ford.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

She actually looks kind of fit and decent for her age now. My hats off to her for losing the weight for the role. Can't wait for those Leia-Han make-out sessions! ;)

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They should really have a scene where Han Solo is being chased by Stormtroopers or trying to fly the Millennium Falcon through asteroids and he says "I'm getting too old for this sh^t.."

10. Nero

Nero Member

Here's the main thing which makes me uneasy about this new movie.

In the original Star Wars, the only actor who could have been called a 'movie star' at that time was Alec Guiness, MAYBE Peter Cushing, and Harrison Ford was just on the cusp of becoming a mega-star, with Indiana Jones and everything else to follow in the 80's and onward.

Neither Hamill nor Fisher became big stars beyond Star Wars.

And now, they are hanging their whole basket (looks like anyway) on those same three - Ford, Hamill and Fisher - because they are the same actors from the original movie. Ford certainly is no longer a strong enough or charismatic enough actor to carry the burden of a whole sci-fi action movie, and Hamill & Fisher definitely are not.

Heck, Ford wasn't really even up to the task in Crystal Skull, and of course that whole movie revolved around him as the 'star'.

So what is really going to be happening in this new one? Is it going to be another 'faded elderly star vehicle', mainly for Ford, with Hamill & Fisher thrown into the mix for old times' sake?

Or is the movie going to focus more on a new generation of relative unknowns, as Star Wars itself did back in '77?

I'm certainly hoping for the best, but I am definitely uneasy about it. Maybe as more info trickles out over the next 18 months, there will be less worry about it.

I hope so. I want it to be great, to wash the stink of Lucas off of the franchise.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Nero,

I think it is more about ushering in a new set of stars to take over the young lead roles for the new Star Wars movies versus trying to re-establish old characters in their old lead roles to lead the film. Think of it as a Star Trek re-boot with the elders still involved. Star Wars isn't in an alternate timeline like they did for the Star Trek re-boot...so I think seniors are allowed to serve as the parents or whatever. But, if they try to make the seniors still be the stars, then it's going to be Senior Star Wars. I agree...that's not going to work out well unless you are in a nursing home. I don't think that is what they will be doing.

12. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

SW7 is set 35 years after Return of the Jedi. Leia and Luke would be 60's. Han solo maybe in his 70's? There's no way they will be the focal point of movie especially for commercial appeal.

Looks like Disney will bank on these 2 noobs with Daisy Ridley possibly as Han and Leia's daughter.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/star-wars-7-casting-who-are-john-boyega-daisy-ridley-1446699

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Everyone's favorite warrior princes & the black BFF everyone wants have been cast.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: Lupita Nyong'o &amp; Gwendoline Christie have joined the cast of <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23StarWarsVII&amp;src=hash">#StarWarsVII</a>! <a href="http://t.co/4O4O4l1CDU">http://t.co/4O4O4l1CDU</a> <a href="http://t.co/C9fQJWV0WY">pic.twitter.com/C9fQJWV0WY</a></p>&mdash; Star Wars (@starwars) <a href="https://twitter.com/starwars/statuses/473496518641872896">June 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

There's like a whole ton of pics at the link. Included the best part of the short article. YES!!!!

#54 percicles, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  15. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Better get Pod in there too!

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Peter Dinklage gonna be in the cast?

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

We need Asian kung fu people in there. Get Jet Li and Donnie Yen. Bad ass villains.

18. smr6

smr6 Member

Really going out of her way to find Sansa.

1 person likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would guess the roll-out of the old timers is simply a craven pitch to get audiences of my age (and maybe your age) to come out to the movie. That's all it was with the Star Wars reboot. I really liked that one, but everything this else I've seen by the guy has seemed a little like Michael Bay in space, particularly plot wise.

So I've got that larger misgiving about Star Wars VII. Lens flares and a crappy plot that just tie big action pieces together, including a light saber fight on top of a moving hovercraft in a crowded city. (You can book that; sorry should I spoiler?).

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Should have just made this into a movie....... The story itself would have been amazing and this would have given Disney an opportunity to expand the Star Wars universe within a different time period...... KOTOR had some of the best and most lovable characters I have ever seen.....

[​IMG]