1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zelda: A link to the past vs Ocarina of time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Apr 28, 2014.

?

Which one do you think is better

Poll closed May 12, 2014.
  1. A Link to the Past

25 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Ocarina of Time

54 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Nintendo?
    Final Fantasy
    Mega Man (1 thru ?, 2 is the best, IMO)
    Metroid
    TMNT 1
    Tecmo Bowl
    Excitebike
    Contra
    Super Contra
    Life Force
    Gradius
    Pipe Dreams
    Marble Madness
    Castlevania (1-3)
    Ninja Gaiden
    Double Dragon
    Rad Racer
    Bubble Bobble
    Adventures of Lolo
    River City Ransom
    Dragon Quest (1-5?)
    Lemmings
    Zelda 1 & 2
    Mike Tyson's Punch Out
    RC Pro-Am
    Tetris

That should get you started :p

2. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

If we're talking Super Nintendo......

Breath of Fire 1 & 2
    NBA Jam Tournament Edition
    Super Mariokart
    Sim City
    Ogre Battle
    Gemfire (highly underrated IMO)
    Secret of Evermore
    Mega Man X
    Super Ghoul's & Ghosts
    Lemmings (addicting)
    Super Punch Out
    Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2
    Lufia 1 & 2
    Illusion of Gaia
    Earthworm Jim
    Final Fight
    Contra 3
    Mortal Kombat 1 & 2
    Street Fighter
    Super Castlevania
    Earthbound
    Super Mario RPG
    Final Fantasy 2 & 3
    Secret of Mana
    Super Mario World
    Super Metroid
    LTTP
    Last but not least, the greatest SNES ever.....Chrono Trigger

Yeah...I'm bored.

3. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

I recently picked up Ocarina of Time for my 3DS. How did I not buy it for N64 when it originally came out? It's simply amazing. You really have to channel your curiosity and I love that satisfaction of figuring out dungeon puzzles. Dat classic Zelda tune when I unlock a hidden path.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Glad you like it. It's the bestest.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think Mystic Quest is very underrated. It isn't really part of the Final Fantasy series (the numbered series), even if it shares the name and some elements. I love it because it is short & simple. It also has great music.

I too had a major problem with that one as a kid and never got close to finishing it.

6. liljojo

liljojo Member

OoT is most definitely my all-time favorite game. I remember crying after beating it because I knew I'd never enjoy a game that much ever again (gimme a break, I was 9 years old). It also broke me from a nasty Pokemon addiction

LTTP is an incredible game as well, but it came out before my time, so I didn't get to play it until I was much older. The memories attached to it just aren't the same as OoT.

A side note, I still haven't been able to play Wind Waker. I'm a fraud as a Zelda fan.

1 person likes this.
  7. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Both are fantastic games and game chargers in their respective times. While they both hold special memories for me LTTP wins by a small margin, I will never forget how awesome it was to finally get the master sword in the pathway that has the forest creatures and the music that played when the sword that was pulled.

THEN they blessed you with EIGHT more dungeons... That was awesome...

With ooT I was older so it didn't feel as special, but an incredible game. The water temple is still a very annoying level. Having the ability to switch back and fourth between small and older link was very cool too. Fantastic music too, one of the best sound tracks in the series.

1 person likes this.
  8. BonziWellsGOAT

Ive been playing OoT 3D on my 3DS XL and it's amazing. the best port of a classic game ever imo. You can tell they took their time with every single texture but they still managed to keep the same feel that the original. Talk about Nostalgiagasm. Plus after you beat it they have a mode called master quest which changes up the order of things and changes up the dungeons to make it more challenging. easily a perfect game

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Zelda 2 is the ET or Phantom Menace of Zelda games. I hate that game so much.

Call me crazy, but I thought Skyward Sword was the best. Really liked the "central hub" non-linear game design (similar to Mario Galaxy). Wii remote made game play much more immersive. (Twilight Princess controls were half-assed.) And c'mon, the main theme is Princess Zelda'a theme backwards!

Only game I keep going back to over and over again is LTTP. Who doesn't love the Dark World?

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I only passed the first dungeon, but I really liked Skyward Sword. I'd have to play more to understand the complaints I suppose.