1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Exit Interviews...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2014.

1. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I think it's about Asik pouting midseason...He basically demanded a trade after he lost his starting job. The team is a Melo, Milsap, Lowry, or Rondo away from making some real noise.

2. Houston_Rockets

Harden speaks about defense every single time, every single year, have yet to see 10 straight games of serviceable defense by him. And the problem is not his inability to play D, the problem is that he looks like he doesn´t care that scrubs are lighting him up. Scola didn´t play D for us, but when you saw him you could see him trying to bother other guys and do other stuff outside of being a good 1 on 1 defender.
    Harden just doesn´t care, let me get out of the way, not move my feet, try to reach for the ball after the man has passed me, and then put my hands up and say "my bad" every single time.
    And we still have people on this site saying, "atleast he acknowledges it", dude we have passed that time, he is now a max player, you better have some pride and stop coasting on D.

3. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, Bev sure didn't sound like he's loving life right now. Definitely not the guy that you heard on the Matt Thomas show during the season.

Love his competitive nature; sure doesn't look like he was just talking to talk but is really hurting by getting bounced.

Speculation, but he probably isn't happy that he didn't get a chance to check Lillard on that last play.

4. Solaris

Solaris Member

Waiting for AB's exit interview...

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Third time is the charm. #BringBackBrooks

6. Houston_Rockets

And D12 clearly the best player on this team, the only guy that plays both ends of the floor, telling it like it is when it comes to only carrying about winning. There is no "I am the best C in this series" kind of comment, or coast on one side of the ball to look good on the other nor moaning about minutes.

But hey, we will still get daily threads about him not being as good as Hakeem, people in the media saying that Hibert is the best C in the league, or posts were people say that D12 has matured alot this season.

When fact is, D12 is a mismatch 99% of the time on offense regardless of footwork, clearly the best C in this league, and has always been matured and all about winning despite the LA portraying him as a team cancer.

7. Rockness

Rockness Member

Garcia not too happy, damn!

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Great videos. From those videos, it sounds like Harden,Parsons,Beverley and Howard were happy with McHale returning. I am guessing the players who didn't get consistent minutes are the ones not as happy.

9. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

well yea, that obvious about the bench. DMO was getting decent burn and then Mchale pretty much glued him to the bench. these guys are excited and ready to play and die for the game everyday, but didn't see any time.

10. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

obvious is obvious.

11. JazzLakerHater

To me if the team is not on the right page, that is a huge indictment on the coaching staff. Why ON GOD's EARTH IS MCHALE COMING BACK?!?!?

12. mig0s

mig0s Member

what's on Dwight's shoulder? A big ass skin tag?

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

Dwight didn't sound too happy about it

14. LAC

LAC Member

Agendas:
    Harden: need to save energy for the booty
    Parsons: talk about defense but shoot for contract
    Lin: spread God's message
    Asik: starting
    DMo: play time
    You cannot blame Parsons, Asik, and DMo for trying to establish themselves. Harden and Lin's priority should change, however. Modelling after the flopper is a good start for Lin.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Interesting... Most exit interviews have a much different tone to them for the Rockets. Usually much more upbeat. Even after a few days to clear their heads most of them really seem bothered by both the Portland series and some other lingering issues that surrounded this season.

It did seem like Asik really bought in and played hard after the trade deadline, so I really cant see that being a huge issue during exit interviews and team meetings. D-Mo.... I really dont see him as a guy they really would let ruin the team chemistry, and honestly.. nothing about D-Mo's situation & concerns should be a huge surprise. The guy is pretty honest that he's a career basketball player and just wants a consistent role.

Maybe some time away from each other, and a fresh season this Fall will help everyone focus much more on the task at hand next year. Being around each other more than anyone will do that do a group of young fellas. It will be interesting to see how they come back next year.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What is obvious is that on this Rockets board, obvious is not obvious to many.

Obviously.

17. reliableman

reliableman Member

Earning that rep!

18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I picked this through the Dwight Interview

'We need to get on the same page next year'

Later in interview

'If your not about winning, if your not about the team and winning then we aren't on the same page'

Reading between the lines, THATS NOT GOOD

#118 Realjad, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea I'm surprised other people haven't brought it up...it really jumped out at me. I think we all know who he is talking about.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't because that could still be anyone on the team.