1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eastern Conference Semifinals: (1) Indiana vs. (5) Washington

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 3, 2014.

?

(1) Indiana vs. (5) Washington

Poll closed May 5, 2014.
  1. Pacers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pacers in 5

2.0%
  3. Pacers in 6

20.4%
  4. Pacers in 7

16.3%
  5. Wizards in 7

10.2%
  6. Wizards in 6

46.9%
  7. Wizards in 5

2.0%
  8. Wizards in 4

2.0%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

(1) Indiana vs. (5) Washington
    Game 1 - Monday, May 5, Washington at Indiana, 6:00pm, TNT
    Game 2 - Wednesday, May 7, Washington at Indiana, 6:00pm, TNT
    Game 3 - Friday, May 9, Indiana at Washington, 7:00pm, ESPN
    Game 4 - Sunday, May 11, Indiana at Washington, 7:00pm, TNT
    Game 5 * Tuesday, May 13, Washington at Indiana, TNT
    Game 6 * Thursday, May 15, Indiana at Washington, ESPN
    Game 7 * Sunday, May 18, Washington at Indiana

#1 J.R., May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Obviously WAS is much better than ATL, but I actually think IND matches up pretty well with them... I think it'll come down to just how hard John Wall is going to F George Hill in the A.

3. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

4. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

John Wall about to go HAM on the Indy guards.

5. pacertom

pacertom Member

In the 3 Pacers-Wizards games this year, Wall shot 34%, the Wiz shot 36%, and the Wiz averaged 77 ppg

11/29, Wall goes 4-14, Wiz under 40%, blowout loss,scoring 73: http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489109

1/10, Wall goes 4-15, Wiz shoot 32%, blowout loss, scoring 66:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489404

3/28, Wall goes 9-21, Wiz under 40%, but win 91-78:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489950

Wall isn't a 3-point threat, so he is easier to guard despite the fact that he is even faster than Teague.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You shouldn't look at this season's games, the Pacers right now are a shell of the team they were in the earlier stages of this season.

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

I'm going to go with the Favorite. Indiana in 5.

8. pacertom

pacertom Member

If the series extends to six games, the Wizards would have a scheduling problem on May 15 because of a Lady Gaga concert that is already booked for that night. The Wizards released a statement on Saturday night that read, “We are aware of the potential conflict and are working with the promoter in the event Game 6 is necessary, more information will be released when it becomes available.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...iana-pacers-in-eastern-conference-semifinals/

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Pacers wake up and win a tough 7 game series.

10. i3artow i3aller

Wizards in 7, because nothing in PG's life goes right.
    [​IMG]

11. ish1973

ish1973 Member

They are lucky to have such an easy path to the ECF. Pacers seems ready now. With little expectation on them to succeed, they can play freely and surprise everyone thanks to the big slump in the past two month. Hot favorite to win the EC championship.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This is the Wizards series to lose...I'm not impressed by the Pacers at all. Atlanta lost the series, moreso than Indiana. Regardless of seeding, the Hawks were a weak, 38 win team missing it's primary go-to player, long stretches of offensive ineptitude, average defensively, and they had an advantage in the series. I'd imagine Indiana would've gotten swept in the West, or bowed out. easily. Getting thrashed at home, twice and played tight with the worse

Although, the Bullets aren't as well coached as the Hawks, but Washington is a better team across the board. Yet, they also have a deadly 3 point shooting team and no offensive liabilities in their starting lineup. Every
    "Hibbert should be more effective in this series, because he can play against other bigs." a popularly stated quote. Yet, he's often outplayed by Gortat and throw in a healthy Nene. Both are good mid-range jump shooters and can play in the post, as funny as this sounds the Hawks were a decent big away from winning. Even if the Bullets' bigs get into foul trouble, I guess they'll be force to go small, like Atlanta. It seemed to work to Atlanta's.

I really don't think Indiana is in sync offensively to blow out, anyone at this point. Unless, George turns it up a dial, offensively. Problem is that he struggled early against the Hawks at the time, but came through in the last few games. In this series, he's going to be challenged by Ariza. Pacertom pointed out how Wall struggled against the Pacers, while failing mention how putrid George was against the Wizards.

The Wizards are peaking at the right time and disposed of much better team, while the Pacers are in steady decline. Atlanta was the best first round matchup they could ask for to start the playoffs. Now, they have to beat a similar team with same advantages, and they have to deal Wall and Beal. Washington is built, like a Western Conference, being able to score from everywhere on the floor and bigs who are actual go-to guys.

The Pacers' main problem, they've focused so much on besting Miami to the point where their ugly style ball would have them losing against every Western playoff team, even Phoenix...even when the Pacers were at their best. They struggled against West coast, because most West coast teams are like Atlanta at full strength with better players. Over time, three problems happened to the Pacers... their success got to their heads, when they were still a flawed team; in-fighting started when players, like Hibbert and Stephenson overachieved; and the other Eastern teams got better. Ironically, I would've picked the Pacers against any playoff team, except Miami. Choosing which teams would give them the most trouble...Washington and Atlanta for their offensive execution and variety. The Pacers would've been fortunate against the Bulls, Nets, or Raptors ... two ugly ball, half court teams and a team of pups.

Bullets/Wizards in 6

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

He's a far better distributor and playmaker than Teague, and he also has Beal, Ariza, Nene, and Gortat who are better finishers and playmakers than anyone, not named Al Horford. November and January games, c'mon.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Pacers coming out like crap again

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hibbert working on another 0/0/3 game. pts/reb/fouls

17. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

DC Rise up!!! btw how bad is Hibbert?! Shocked this is the player once considered to be a defensive player of the year candidate and All Star!

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Holy ****!!! I'm eating my words. Ariza has become a competent shooter and reliable offensive player. In these playoffs, especially.

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Trevor knows playoffs.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

eh, we'll see if he stays consistent... I'm not as familiar with him as you guys, but isn't he prone to some really cold streaks?