1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Also Truth. instead of a unified fanbase we have this stuff going on.

1 person likes this.
  2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I don't know if people are purposely ignoring the obvious -- the overarching conclusions Clutch drew from that poll are flawed because the methodology is extremely flawed. It doesn't matter if Lin said it or not -- people voted with how they read a VAGUE and SUBJECTIVE comment. That's hardly a good basis for determining who is defending what.

Like I said, I read it as whether Lin had ever essentially done well, particularly offensively, before Game 5. I thought he had (thus I voted false). If the question was whether he had done well OVERALL offensively prior to Game 5, I probably would have leaned toward no (and voted true). So the voting isn't telling me much aside from how someone might interpret "offensive spark" and the overall statement.

Also, a lot of those quotes about Clutch being biased had a lot more to do with bot his history of posts and, more importantly, the timing. Heck, even this article only furthers that. It's sort of unnecessary and piling on. Want less crazy Lin threads and rhetoric? STOP FUELING THE FIRE.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'm cool with what you're saying here. I think the issue is that Lin's fan base differs dramatically from the others. Harden has been killed on this board the entire Playoff series (and rightfully so) but you don't see anyone try to make excuses for his poor play outside of a few trolls. Everyone agrees he's been terrible. Howard took a ton of criticism in the first half of the season and it was warranted. Parsons has now been reduced from fan favorite to likely not worth a long term contract and there is not uproar. I won't even get into McHale (who I want gone whether we come back and win or not).

Just my perspective though. At the end of the day I hope he scores 50 points and we win. I want us to get out of this series with a win. Appreciate the civil discussion. Lets win tonight

4. Dementium

Dementium Member

Lol. And this thread is being a fan of the team?

This is how you build excitement and hype leading into the biggest game of the season? This is how you show that you truly support the team?

Create a poll because someone doesn't agree with you in a thread then do a podcast about it. Great stuff! Apparently this fan of the team thing is pretty different on clutchfans.

Heck, fans of other teams are calling us out on it.

5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I'm not in support of the Jeremy Lin sucks comments, but honestly that was one person's opinion, voiced in a thread title, that people will not let die. Do I think he sucks at times? Yes. But I think that about all players at some point in the game. For example, I'm a Cowboys fan, and by extension a Tony Romo fan. That guy gets more hate than almost any player I've seen, but I also don't get bent out of shape by anyone's opinion.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

man I just hope this arguing doesn’t come back to haunt us, it was clever but man most people here are big fans of the rockets, & were going at each other over one of our players “at the worse time”, we have to stay positive and root for everyone, when the series is over we will have all the time in the world to do this but our season is actually on the line tonight… GAME 6 CLUTCH CITY LETS GO !!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

This.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Clutch, can you please sticky this thread for a few days?

It would be nice to come back and have a smirk every once in a while while reminding ourselves that LOF's are the most delusional and worst player fanbase in sports.

9. Dementium

Dementium Member

You are actually quite objective about Lin in general despite your rep as a hater and I agree with most of your observations.

Lets blow Portland out of the water. XD

10. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Wow thanks for jumping to conclusions. I'm not really a Lin fan, much less a LOF. See, this labeling and constant need to choose sides is really tearing this GARM down. Clutch isn't helping by putting a greater spotlight on it. Also refer to my above post on why it's a flawed experiment.

1 person likes this.
  11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

weird thread to make before another elimination playoff game LOL

12. munsteur

munsteur Member

Sir, this is the best post in this thread. As a Lin fan, I support every sentence you said. I really hope Kim's words speak for Clutch's real feelings and intentions.

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Yup. This is the level of analysis I would expect from someone who paid very superficial attention to the topic. "I didn't read anything but what I agreed with. Ha ha ha, you guys lose."

I bet if feels similar to having someone who knows nothing about basketball defend their average player from any insult. Finally I understand!*

*I already understood; that doesn't fit the rhetorical device though.

14. Lihao

Lihao Member

that's the most important bro, let's get the win, i really hope Harden can step up tonight, it's just so frustrating watching the way he's playing now

15. King1

Come on. You're an intelligent person; this was played perfectly.

16. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Dude this website has seen players come and go. Player's fan bases come and go. The Rockets fans stick on this site no matter what the personnel of the team is. that's the constant. The variable that changes is the fans of the certain players. If you feel like this place changed for the worse, there is a reason why it changed and it's not the Rockets fans.

17. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I really hope we will still be arguing on Sunday! Let's bring this game back to Houston!

18. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

Clutch - this is beneath you and a bit embarrassing.

You are the administrator and should be neutral but you use a quasi-entrapment poll and Lin's words taken out of context to basically troll LOFs.

This poll added nothing to the discussion except a few laughs from LOFHs. One could find words from any player or coach, take it out of context, and use it in a poll that would make any fan of that person or coach respond in an inconsistent way.

That you, Clutch, chose to do this with Lin and LOFs exposes your bias.

If you yourself are a LOFH, that's fine but I think there is a "conflict of interest" with your dual hat as a neutral administrator.

If you want to be a partial administrator, then I guess that's fine too as long as it's clear to the participants.

Great way to pump up the site for Game 6! Go Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  19. King1

I hope so too. He's certainly due as he's mailed in the entire series so far. If his jumper isn't falling he needs to at least try on D and create shots for others.

20. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Gotta pump this one up.

Couldn't believe some fans actually booed Lin at the beginning of last home court game. -- Lin's a Rocket, right? -- Stupidity at its finest.