1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We're due for a good 3pt % game. Let's go THREE WILD!!!

2. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Harden is long overdue- I seriously have a feeling he will show up tonight (35 + points for Harden) calling it now

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Harden needs to come up with that anger and intensity on offense and defense like he did against Paul George when we destroyed the Pacers. If he does, we EASILY make the second round. Otherwise, the season could be over today.

5. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Harden will not show up until the next series.

You know why? Because we will win this series.

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Why isnt Lamarcus Aldridge getting called for his elbow to the chest to get space moves (Hes doing this crap everytime) Dwight barely touches Lopez and he gets an offensive call (They need to look at LMA closely)

7. HipHopSince1981

[​IMG]

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

I can see it now.... " Alright folks, its come down to this. Will The Rockets leave Portland with a 20 point victory or just 18, 4th quarter with 15 seconds to go. Harden brings up the ball, everyone spreads out. Harden STEP BACK! SHOOTS!!!!! --------------------3-2-Swoosh- 1 SCOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!! Houston wins!! 120 to 100!!!The Rockets are coming back to Houston for game 7!!!! How sugary it is!!! How sugary it is!!!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Let's ****ing go man! No bull****ting. Who's to say we can't win the whole ****ing thing?

I woke up with such a positive flow of energy. There is no opponent:)

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

Still waiting for that great Rockets game, where everyone plays well. After 5 games, this game has to be IT.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I actually feel really good about tonight and game 7 Idk why though. Seeing that picture from their instagram all smiling was good to see

12. RCPM

RCPM Member

It's an espn game, ROCKETS WIN!!!!!

13. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Mike Callahan?? We're screwed.... He's the one official who consistently favors the Rockets' opponent, regardless of who that opponent might be.

Callahan was one of the officials in that ghastly one-sided officiated game in New Orleans last season. I rarely complain about officiating, but this guy is bad news.

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

what I have been telling my buddy. He always using his free arm to create space. The coaching staff has to point that out.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Went through most of practice yesterday. <a href="http://t.co/Ly2SM2GK0A" title="http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2014/05/pat-beverley-back-at-practice-looking-better/">blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket…</a> RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/sandersandrew">sandersandrew</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">Jonathan_Feigen</a> is PatrickBeverley good to go?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/462259094259130369" data-datetime="2014-05-02T15:55:31+00:00">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

17. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>Good officials all. Garrettson road foul % slightly higher than ave; Kennedy,Callahan slightly lower. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Rags2Rockets">@Rags2Rockets</a>: Is that good or bad?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/462261343001669633">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm okay with the officials tonight. Just hope they swallow their whistles for bit h teams more than usual and let them play

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Harden is clearly due for a good shooting game. But I am not holding my breath for that the way the series has gone.

Clearly the key will be FOULS. Aldridge, Lopez ...and... Howard, Asik. Which BIGs will be forced to the bench because of fouls and give the other team the advantage? Rockets made their best run in the last game when Aldridge was on the bench.

Asik and Howard can't be getting fouls for "moving screens" and "jumping into jumpshooters" that are 20ft away from the basket. No. Stupid. Fouls!

20. munsteur

munsteur Member

On the topic of fouls, Lin needs to be careful of his push-offs with his arm while driving with the ball. He had a few of those in game 5 that were uncalled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.