1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] The mystery technical foul called on Dwight Howard in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2014.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you got about 45 hours of editing time and the patience? There are so many it's completely laughable. I wish I was 18, trust fund baby, and had all the time in the world to put a compilation together.

By my count there were 6 bad calls/non calls just in the williams out of bounds and the overtime of game 4 alone.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it was for an apparent elbow to the head but clearly that was just his arm coming down and it completely missed his head.

I really do think the calls in that game in particular were atrociously bad concerning Howard.

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Yep. Looked like McHale was saying something along the lines of "You just wait 'til the end of the game when this thing is tied, and you remember this T." 1 little point made all the difference.

Whistle was blown so quick too. I wish someone could slow it down w/ the audio so we can hear if the whistle was being blown before his arm was even lowered.

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

The out of bounds call in OT was huge. A 5-point swing.

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Freeland didn't even budge. It was freaking ridiculous.

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

100% BS call.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I don't think Scooby Doo & the gang can solve the mystery of the missing technical foul! It's magic! (Insert magic gif)

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

For a long time my sig simply read, "Ken Mauer sucks"

I deleted it because I forgot why that was my sig, but now I remember: it's because he sucks.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

RUH-roh. RAAAA-ggy!

ROOBY ROOBY DOO!

10. Jiramisu

Jiramisu Member

And to add salt to the wound, this wasn't just a 1 point sway, it was 1-3 points.

I knew D12 would miss at least one of his FTs (if not both) after the T. With FTs being such a mental barrier for D12, a complete BS technical was bound to get into his head during the FTs.

I feel the general reffing for the series has been equally bad for both teams, but Houston has gotten the short end (by a big margin) on the technical foul and flagrant foul calls.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That ref reeks of crook. He has the greased back hair like Tony panzzino

12. dznutz

dznutz Member

it looks like he didn't bounce the ball directly to the ref. but the ref didn't make an attempt to go for the ball

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Brylcreem -- A little dab'll do ya!

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The only thing I can think of is maybe he said a magical word that starts with an F... other than that I'm confused

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Mauer looks like Pat Riley on crack.

16. coweye

coweye Member

The league has a problem if their officials are the focus of a game that much.
    The NBA should realy consider to equip officials with mics like in the NFL that they can anounce the reason why a player got a technical foul because nobody knew yesterday why Dwight got one.

17. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

You now realize that if this had not been called, and Lin's turnover still happened, we would have won the game and be tied 2-2.

That is all.

18. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

NBA is rigged. Period. Refs do enough to influence or disrupt a flow.

19. coffeelover665

There are questionable calls and then there are the QUESTIONABLE calls. This one falls to the latter. No worries. I believe in the game 7 victory!

1 person likes this.
  20. jocar

jocar Member

Refs seem to dislike Dwight and are cowering over him every play just waiting to blow the whistle against him. Can't figure that out yet. Is it because the smiley reaction he gives them after every foul called against him? He's so strong it seems like he's bullying players in the paint? The media? Wakling from LAL? Wtf is up?