1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

You can not have watched one games this series

2. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Imagine if Lin didn't get that rebound, and Portland get the offensive rebound and scored... The forum would be a lot quieter, or we could start blaming bev's TO at end of the game.

3. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

He gave a very Kubiak "it's on me" BS answer. No apology to the fans or more importantly his teammates. I see no contrition or humbling of himself as is needed to gain forgiveness. I am willing to forgive him but he needs to humble himself first. I haven't seen ANY of the LOF even remotely go where Lin has gone in at least accepting fault.

Lin needs to figuratively fall on his sword and ask for forgiveness. Until he does, he deserves all the **** he is getting.

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

first of all Lin didn't cause the loss in game 4. Yes that turnover at the end was crucial but you can't blame the loss on Lin. secondly, Lin did not cost us the series lmao. If Harden got more than 37 points on 35 shots and Parsons didn't completely suck in the first 3 games, we would've swept them. Get your LOH logic outta here. I'm not a LOF at all but I'm sick of idiots like you.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Believe me, Harden will get a ton of heat(and he already is) if the Rockets lose this series. So will Parsons. And McHale. Right now, the only players who will escape any blame will be Dwight, Daniels, and Asik. Bev will get a mulligan given the fact that he's far from 100%.

But if the Rockets lose a close Game 6 and get eliminated, that Lin turnover will haunt this team and its fans for the next 6 months. Maybe not as much as that Ray Allen three has to still be lingering in the minds of Spurs fans. But when a series loss can be boiled down to one play, fairly or unfairly, the player involved will have to deal with the blame.

6. ERC

ERC Member

Because Lin is the de facto scapecoat on this forum.

Game 4's on Lin, but...

Nevermind that there are still 3 games left in the series,
    Nevermind that our superstar never showed up in the first 2 home games,
    Nevermind that starters squandered our lead and were outscored 14-2 in the 4Q, between 7:29 and 2:37,
    Nevermind that our defense ace couldn't prevent Lilliard from torching us for 25.5ppg so far in the series (Wolverine who?),
    Nevermind that Harden has been chucking up 10.3 treys/game at a paltry 26.8%,

But hey, let's blame the entire series on that scrub Lin. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  7. persian hoopa

How about accepting and acknowledging the fact that your hero Lin made a monumental mistake. Are you willing to even ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FACT?

8. ERC

ERC Member

I'm leaning more towards unfairly.

I have no argument whatsoever with Lin costing us Game 4. None. Nada.

But the series? Our superstar disappeared at home for 2 consecutive games and we are blaming the series on a bench player? It's mind-boggling how irrational fans can be.

9. munsteur

munsteur Member

GTFO here?

The guy made a blunder. He knew it; everybody knew it. Wtf more do you want?

10. ERC

ERC Member

Lin is not my hero and I did acknowledge his mistake.

Read my response to "count_dough-ku", which I posted before I saw yours.

Game 4 is on Lin.
    But if you think the series is on him too, you don't know basketball.

11. jocar

jocar Member

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

^^^^

One of the saddest gifs you'll ever see...

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Maybe it is unfair, but that's the way it goes. Isiah wasn't the only reason the Pistons lost to the Celtics in 1987. But that pass he threw away to Bird at the end of Game 5 sure didn't help. Was it Charles Smith's fault the Knicks choked away a 2-0 lead to the Bulls in 1993? No, but that sequence where he blew about a dozen layup attempts under the basket is burned into the memories of Knicks fans the world over. Was it Nick Anderson's fault the Magic lost the 1995 Finals to the Rockets? Not necessarily, but he cost them Game 1 which wrecked them mentally. Is it Manu Ginobili's fault the Spurs lost the NBA Finals last year? Not entirely, but his horrific Game 6 performance has been singled out(as has Pop benching Duncan when the Heat got those 2 offensive boards).

And will it be Jeremy Lin's fault if we lose this series? Not entirely, but that turnover will live in infamy with Rockets fans. The only way he escapes the heat is if the Rockets come back and win in 7 or ironically if they flame out and lose in 5 games instead of 6.

14. New

That TO is on Lin. But why do you single out his TO when in fact Harden made another TO the next play????

CF is only about blaming. Pathetic.

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Anyone who blames this loss or losing the series if we lose on Lin is not a Rockets fan.

16. ERC

ERC Member

So who's not acknowledging the reality now? Want to talk about games 1 & 2? We were at home and lost!!!

Again, Game 4 is on Lin. ZERO argument from me.

You think Lin's answer is BS? I thought it was better than calling a reporter "a weirdo" but hey, you're entitled to your opinion. No argument from me either.

But if you want to pin the entire series on Lin? Go ahead, if that makes you feel better. Call me crazy, but I'd expect more out of our superstars.

17. shlhl

shlhl Member

The reason the fans are angry about costly mistake because LIN not only help losing this game and also the series. It is very unlikely that we will beat Portland three straight time almost like some clutch fans will win lottery in next couple days.

18. persian hoopa

Textbook cognitive dissonance and avoidance of reality. I would think you were pulling my chain but I have seen this act from you a lot recently.

19. ERC

ERC Member

Good point (and taken). Fair enough.

20. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Jeremy Lin: The greatest disgrace to ever put on a Rockets uniform?

Have we ever suffered through anyone who was as much of a walking worthless piece of human garbage as Jeremy Lin?

1 person likes this.