1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Hardensway can you post a link to that gif of Mo Will stepping oobs please gotta send that to my Blazers bud

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Calls did not go our way when we were at home either. But I am gonna say we lost because we made too many mental mistakes.

3. krouchchocolate

Probably not bc the refs already let them play

4. Remix

Remix Member

When they called the ball out of bounds on Howard when it was clearly off on Alridge why didn't they look at a replay? What the **** is replay for if you're not gonna use it at a crucial moment in a game.

5. jms99

jms99 Member

Even if Lin plays only 5 seconds of a game, it could REASONABLY be his fault if we lose. I wouldn't call it completely unreasonably if Lin played the FINAL 5 SECONDS of a game and we lost and we objectively conclude with analysis that Lin was the cause of the loss. So far, all losses were the fault of Lin. It's not a STRETCH to say that.

6. beybey

beybey Member

maybe if every yelled, they would of blown the whistle and then took a look at the reply.

7. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

If I remember correctly, the insiders said the deal breaker was giving up parsons

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

remember the back to back turnovers on fast breaks? yea that hurt.

9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

It's blatantly obvious the NBA doesn't want us winning this series. They have decided that now is not yet our time. They would prefer a scrub team like the Blazers to advance.

Perhaps next year the NBA will decide that we are worthy and allow us the opportunity to win fairly.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

I've been ignoring this board for the playoffs because it's way too emotional for me. But I just want to come in and say **** Jeremy Lin. And **** LOFs for blaming everyone but Lin when he clearly was instrumental in costing us the game. And I never want to hear the "If Dragic was playing with Harden he'd suck like Lin has been sucking" crap ever again. If Dragic was in the game tonight, we'd have won despite the crappy refs.

At this point, I am done with Lin. He should be demoted to 3rd string next year and just cash his checks like the overpaid scrub he is.

11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Parsons once again disappearing in tne 2nd half and played absolutely no defense on Nicolas Batum.

12. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

IT'S ALL ON LIN. DO NOT PLAY HIM PLAY TONY

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

You don't kill the clock by dribbling nearly out of bounds..

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

they should have replay last 2 min of game on out of bounds calls

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale on the loss: &quot;We didn't execute...held the ball too much...we didn't get little plays &amp; those will hurt you.&quot; <a href="http://t.co/DROs0ETbLM">pic.twitter.com/DROs0ETbLM</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/460650536518164480">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Githman

Githman Member

Damn, good GIF. Really obvious Mo was out of bounds. Stupid coaches. Seems they can't pay attention to details.

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Another GREAT GAME! LOVED IT! I swear I can watch these two teams play a best of 20.

IMO the officiating was pretty even, despite it being of not the highest standard.

Parson - played a terrific first half, leading the team in scoring and by playmaking. Unfortunately he was abused by batum in the second half and was scoreless in the 4th and OT.

Harden started off the game terrible, missing shots, low energry and horrid defense, but while his defense didnt improve much, his energy and offense did vastly improve in the 2nd and 3rd and part of the 4th. Problem was 5 minutes into the 4th, he resorted to straight ISOS, wasting 20 seconds on the shotclock every possesion before either losing the ball, tossing up a prayer or dumping the ball off too late.

Mchale made a nice adjustment early in the game with the troy daniels, Lin, Bev unit. That unit got the Rockets a 10 point lead while Harden was in foul trouble. Unfortunately Mchale resorted to Harden ISOS again in the 4th quarter only this time he started it with 5 or 6 minutes left! The offense not suprisingly stagnated and a lead of 10 evaporated to 0.

Lin, Lin Lin Lin LOL, he started the game great, moving the ball playing hard D helping the ROckets build a 10 point lead, but missing shots. Of course come 4th quarter he manages to make two big turnovers, the first trying to get Harden the ball his pass is deflected leading to a portland fastbreak and his benching, until.... with 33 secs left he grabs the rebound, only to lose it Mo Willaims. The Blazers miss but rebound and Mo williams makes a three to TIE! Absolutely HUGE turnover.

Was Harden the GOAT? mchale? Lin? or Parsons or someone else? Dont know, dont care, I just know that it was a great game and effort by both teams and that Howard was amazing defensively (and had a great game). I look forward to game 5! Start Troy Daniels! =D

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Remind me of this:

[​IMG]

19. NickKent

NickKent Member

So sick of Harden's pathetic defensive effort. We will never win a championship until we hire a coach that has the ******* balls to sit his ass down or get him to try

20. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

The OOB call on Howard when Aldridge clearly knocked it out was also bogus - even Reggie Miller pointed that one out, twice...