1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 4 Prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munsteur, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

we have to win

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Blazers are due for a stinker.

3. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Blazers re-intensify now that Rockets actually won a game. LMA completely dominates again and this time they blow us out.

4. Rockness

Rockness Member

I expect :
    - Parsons to do better, he can't do any worse right? Getting 15-20 points
    - Jones getting more minutes and producing, getting 10 and 5-6 rebounds
    - Beverley to be worse, shooting in the low 30s% and Lilliard dropping another 25-30
    - Howard to be in foul trouble, limiting him to 15-20 and less than 12 rebounds
    - Asik to have a hard time with LMA, he will go for 30-40 again
    - Harden to have another inefficient game
    - Daniels to get some burned on defense that McHale is forced to limit his minutes
    - Lin to be around the same

I expect a loss, but who knows, they might surprise again.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll give you the most accurate prediction I can:

I'm going to be tired again come Monday morning.

West coast gametimes suck when you live in an East coast time zone.

6. autoprt

autoprt Member

we got a shooter on the floor. now that daniels is on the game plan for the blazers they have to respect his shooting which will open up inside where harden, howard and everyone else can go inside.

(i took a look at daniels d league tapes. he's the real deal, as bad as we needed consistent 3 pt shooting don't know why he didn't come up sooner?)

7. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I think it's as simple as this. Win game 4 and we win the series.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We agree.

Sincerely, the 1995 San Antonio Spurs

9. autoprt

autoprt Member

i agree also. keeping aldridge to about 20 something also helped. next on the agenda is to figure out how to contain lillard. in a best out of 7 series, hard for anyone unless they are mj or kobe to have consistent 30+ games in a row.

10. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Harden is starting to warm up and we finally figured out Jones can't guard Aldridge. I'm optimistic but you never know with such a young team, especially Harden. Yes he has gone to the finals but he has never been the number one option. Also, the refs really need to set aside whatever grudge they have against our organization.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets will win game 4 similar to how the blazers won game 2. Game 1 and game 3 were very similar too.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I feel it'll be a blowout in our favor. Portland now has all the pressure in the series. Harden seems to be getting his confidende back, Lin and Bev are playing well and Howard's beasting. If we can get anything from Chandler it'll be great. Portland is starting to coke down to earth with the lucky shots

13. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

U didn't get that one...

14. metalricer

metalricer Member

Rocket blown out by 20+

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

It's a whole new series. I think we just needed to get a win before we calmed ourselves. I wouldn't be surprised if we play even better the rest of the way.

Harden is due for a great night. I do worry about his inability to get to the line. Portland (and the refs) have done a great job, but Harden has to keep attacking. But I did like his demeanor in this game. He missed way too many shots and ran way too many isos, but at least he wanted to be involved. Game 2, all he was doing was passing and standing 35 feet from the basket.

Howard has been great! Shaky Game 1, but he has been so solid and good. He needs to continue his great play.

Parsons needs to find some offense and fast. More cuts to the basket, more fastbreaks.

I think we have a good game in game 4 and squeeze out a victory to even up the series.

16. steady

steady Member

Just make sure LMA stays cold.

Don't have Harden guarding Lillard. Ever.

Go at Lilllard to expose his weaknesses on D.

17. BonziWellsGOAT

Predictions are bad juju

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I think the Rockets bring this home 2-2. The Blazers have played over their heads for three straight games, and it could easily be 2-1 or 3-0 Houston. Winning a game like this gets the monkey off the back, in the sense the players stop thinking and acting like here we go again.

Defensively, PnR defense has to be better. Too many times Dwight was leaving Aldridge to help on Lillard, and LaMarcus can't be left alone EVER. Offensively, less 1-4 isos for Harden. The Harden/Howard PNR needs to be run early and often. And attack the rim and crash the glass.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Two evenly matched teams. No, Portland hasn't had a subpar game and is due. Rockets haven't played their best yet. Sunday will likely be a dog fight like the first three. The Rockets have to win or face elimination. If they can, they will return to Houston with the series tied and TC will be crazy. If they tie the series, in a way they are in the driver's seat. Home court will kick in eventually and the Rockets will have two out of the three final games at TC.