1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Daniels misses that 3.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Apr 26, 2014.

1. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

past, present, and future*

2. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

If the OPs father was his mothers brother......

I'm just curious how many laws were broken thats all.

3. sutton

sutton Member

Dwight would have got fouled on that pass, then missed FT...

4. Lihao

Lihao Member

team lost-Jeremy Lin sucks and cost the team
    team won-Jeremy Lin almost cost the game
    missed shot-Jeremy Lin sucks
    made shot-What a lucky shot
    TO-Jeremy Lin ****ing sucks
    assist-should had pass to another guy

lmao clutchfans

5. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

What a stupid thread. OP you are dumb

6. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

I only know in the dying moment, Lin (1 steal 1 assist) and Daniels ( a three pts shot) save us the season, at least for the time being.

And because of the 'happy ending', I am not even mad about harden loosing the ball. It's basketball. Lin turns the ball over too.

7. Doktor Mndbndr

To be fair to Lin, the shot clock was down to something like 4 seconds, and his body was positioned to pass to Daniels. He would've had to (1) see Dwight in time (2) turned his body (3) gotten off an accurate alley to Dwight.

This is more difficult than it seems.

8. Doktor Mndbndr

I should add, he would have probably also had to make eye contact with Dwight before throwing the alley.

So, given the circumstances I am not about to label him an idiot for this particular play.

9. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

And, Daniels sole purpose in there is to shoot the three. So Lin did right in that split second decision. even had Daniels missed, we would have to leave with it.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If Dwight gets a rebound we'd be up 2-1...lots of blame to go around for this hole we are in...but our team fights to live another game, that's all that should matter right now.

11. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

And just before that, head turn and get the nod from Mchale for this play:p.

12. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

[youtube]UApx3ErnQd8#t=37[/youtube]

I don't know how I'd feel, it leads to other questions.

Like what if Moe Williams gets that loose ball? Why did JVG say loose bowel?

What if Asik didn't try to high five Beverley?

J/K We're all happy we won and are still in it, congrats all Rox fans :p

13. Code Red

Code Red Member

No, because Lin would throw the ball out of the court and miss Dwight completely, and be a turnover. Then D12 and the rest of the Houston fans would be mad at Lin for screwing up once more. lol

14. neostars

neostars Member

15. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Also, what if I was scratching my left nut instead of my right in Game 1? Would that have changed things?

16. windwave

windwave Member

What if he passed to Howard and made the 2, then Portland went for the game winning 3 and also made it..... so many ifs

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

When the Dleague rookie with 70 odd-minutes of game time calls for the ball in a tie-game playoff situation, you throw him the ball.

18. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Wow the OP think Lin is that good?

Lin actually mopped the floor and came up with the loose ball after a hard hustle. Then on the drive to the basket, with a bunch of players surrounding him, he saw Daniels open by the corner of his eyes and passed it to him for the win.

You can't seriously expect Lin to know every players position during these few chaotic seconds and find the best options. Had Lin went for a floater for the win and missed yeah sure you can blame him. I wouldn't even blame Lin had Daniels missed. Daniels was wide open for a 3 and this is Rockets basketball.

19. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

The pass to Howard would not have been that easy if you look at the replays at ground level. He had guys all around him. The decision he made was to make a safe pass and not to turn it over.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Accidentally posted this in the other thread.

It was a really good pass--so it wasn't the best possible pass Lin could have made, so what? A good play is still a good play even if there's a better one on the table.

There are some advantages to setting up a wide open high % 3P shooter there anyway--means Blazers can't beat you on the next possession. Remember, there were 10s left on the clock.