1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale: lineup will change for Game 3 tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Apr 25, 2014.

1. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin McHale seemed to open the door to some lineup tweaks in Game 3. Says Rockets have to play faster, get out in transition</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/statuses/459788489576304641">April 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'd rather start Lin if we're rolling with TT from the start. But he won't, so there's that.

3. NotChandlerParsons

That seems to suggest small ball rather than TT.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

I don't think so. The practice video pretty much confirmed its Asik starting.

5. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Dwight is not in the black starter jersey and neither is Harden. No doubt they are both starting. Now I saw Beverley, Parsons and Asik wearing them so that's the starting lineup.

TwinTowerVersion3!

6. Rockness

Rockness Member

Jones out and Lin / Garcia in?

7. Clarinetmonster

This makes sense to me.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that could also mean he wants asik in there to secure defensive rebounds and jumpstart the running game

9. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

This should have been the line-up for Twin Towers at the start of the season. Bit much to ask them to play well now after zero time together as a unit during the season.

10. KlutchQT

LOL wut? I'm sure they will all be in the rotation (though I wouldn't mind seeing Daniels in lieu of Garcia).

11. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

PB&J yum yum.
    Lin needs to push it and run the show.

12. bmd

bmd Member

lol.. got him.

13. dragician

dragician Member

if he wants to start just like prior game - Howard post up game, then there's no need to put Harden in.

14. KlutchQT

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin McHale likes Dwight's success in the post, but walking it up &amp; posting &quot;takes away from how we're built and how we've played all yr.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mike Richman (@mikegrich) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikegrich/statuses/459780717065412608">April 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have inside information that McHale's mystery lineup is Daniels, Covington, Hamilton, Casspi, and Garcia. He will sub in Howard, Harden, Bev, Parsons, and Jones. Worth a try. What can it hurt?

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

McHale's obsession, as we all known, is TT; however I guess DMo isn't considered a TT candidate even though he's 7 foot and plays center.

17. autoprt

autoprt Member

parsons hair needs to hurry up and grow, i think the mohawk jinxed him.

18. Clarinetmonster

This gives me a little bit of hope. Funny, last time Sampson wasn't with the team (temporarily) they put the ball in Lin's hands against Boston and SAS I believe? Anyways, worked out well pushing the tempo more. Not saying that's what he'll d o here, but it worked with Sampson out then......less D means we need more/faster O - might be our only shot unless they magically step it up on D.

19. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Are you implying that McHale throws a curve ball to start the whole bench?:)

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good catch. No way they would play faster with the TT lineup.

Lin, Bev, Harden, Parsons and Howard.