1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everyone make sure

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HouStu_Rocket, Mar 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

To pray to the basketball gods that the Spurs don't get any closer to our 22 in a row.

Damn I hate the Spurs. I rooted for them ONCE last year over Miami because I thought it was the lesser of two evils. I'll never cheer for them again because of how they acted as if they already won the Finals before it was over.

2. Vega_281

Vega_281 Member

i don't understand why rox fans hate spurs. I do understand why we hate the mavs though.

3. jaychi

jaychi Member

i think its a big possibility that they will lose in GS or OKC. what is remarkable in their streak is how they won. In our streak, there were a few close games.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

OMG seriously? You must be a Spur fan troll.

Wow. They have only owned our asses for YEARS - except for this season. Sitting on the sidelines watching them win titles and yet here they are still mixing it up trying to beat out the rox to come out of the West. F. their old asses. I also hate their flopping ways and how they act like they never foul...........makes me sick.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Division foes. I hate them all the same.

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I tend to have a bad attitude against teams that have had more success than the Rockets. Spurs have had a lot more success than the Rockets up to this point in time. Now, mix that with division rivals, Texas rivals, constant bullying of the Rockets, and historical bouts between the two and you get pure hate toward the team.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Any intrastate city is a rival. Happens in any state (SF-LA, CIN-CLE, PHI-PIT, KC-STL, etc). Happens in individual cities... Sox-Cubs, LAL-LAC, etc.

Regardless, why would Rockets hate the Mavs more than the Spurs?
    Your answer is probably some <10 year type stuff.

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Just remember, you gotta beat the best to be the best. Only way the Rockets will become the greatest franchise in history will be when historically better teams begin to lose

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The Rockets and Spurs use to enjoy a healthy rivalry during the Dream and Admiral era, where the two Titans would battle each other around Texas. Then, they tanked for Duncan and we faded into the obscurity with the subsequent and underwhelming Franchise era, followed by the more promising but ultimately heartbreaking Yao and T-Mac era, and then the mediocrity days. The rivalry has picked up though with Harden and Howard. While old, Duncan is more than happy to wage the battle of the Titans again.

10. Oracle

Oracle Member

I don't. I have nothing but respect for that organization. They use brains to come up with a product that other teams create using plain hard cash. Very similar to the Rockets. Look at the Rockets roster. Beyond Dwight and Harden there are only two overpayed bench players and the rest play more or less for free by NBA standards.

The Spurs and the Mavs, by the way, are somehow similar. The "oldie" trio Duncan-Ginobili-Parker is almost equivalent to the Mavs Nowitzky-Marion-Carter backbone. The Spurs, however, are like a swiss watch ticking. The Rockets being such a young team makes it all the more remarkable that they have the potential to go all the way (and I actually expect them to do so).

What can I say. The Rockets fans are extremely spoiled. What they get from this roster is way beyond realistic expectations based on simple mathematics.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I relatively like the spurs and mavs, of course not when we face them, but i'll root for them over most other nba teams.

#teamtexas

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the Spurs have never beat us in a playoff series, the Mavs have.

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

It's a trade-off to get Bev back.