1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anybody actually looking forward to the Pacers-Heat volume 3?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Mar 31, 2014.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

(other than Pacers/Heat fans)

Both teams slogging along in the pathetic east - a clearly flawed Pacers team with a b-rate superstar and a bored/old/mailing it in Heat team - I would almost rather just flip a coin given the farcical nature of EC playoffs compared to the West.

I guess I'd have to pick the Heat who I'd rather have win only because Lebron may dial up some individual brilliance in the finals (particularly if he has to go against Durant or Harden or Paul/Griffin), whereas the Pacers would just play uglyball and hope that their jumpers fall against most West teams.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

The only person who is probably looking forward to it is our very own PacerTom. He hasn't posted in months, but he'll post when the series starts with photos of the pacers putting on war paint and yell a few battle cries. Then the Heat will start out 0-1 and all of clutchfans will say the series is over and that the Heat just don't have it anymore and the big 3 should be broken up. Then the Heat will end up 2-1 in the series and PacerTom won't post - other than a few complaints about the refs and how LeBron gets all the calls. Then the Heat will relax and the Pacers will go up 3-2 and LeBron will be labeled a choker, can't win the big one, Wade is too old, Bosh is too soft, and PacerTom will tell us that the Heat just can't match up to the size and strength of Roy Hibbert & will gloat. Then the Heat will win the series in 7 and I'll yawn.

Am I right?

3. Nook

Nook Member

Reminds me of the old Knicks/Heat match ups..... yeah you appreciate the effort and physical play... for awhile..... then it just gets boring, and really you don't even care.....

The Heat will win the series in 6 or 7 and play OKC/SA or maybe LAC in the Finals...

Lets just cut to the chase already.

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

My Prediction:

Miami vs San Antonio in the Finals with the Spurs whipping their ass in 4 or 5 games. Yawn.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You mean Raptors Heat ECF right? =)

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I hope to God that doesn't happen. Duncan with 5 rings!!

Best hope is Spurs struggles against top teams (OKC, LAC, us). Pacers can sweep the season series tonight.

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

Well, I have called the past two NBA championships perfectly and this is my prediction for 2014. The Spurs are on a mission. :)

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Way to go out on a limb there

9. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, it will be a fun physical series.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Nothing in the east playoff wise is interesting to me. If the Rockets make it to the finals, I may take a look just to see how those teams are playing.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

Well most clutcfhans picked other teams than Miami so I was in the minority.

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

I don't know why, but I think Brooklyn will play in Eastern Conference finals.

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Even if The Pacers outplayed Miami, the refs are going to make sure Miami wins.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Let me guess, you picked Miami the year before you got the last 2 right? Miami has been the overwhelming favorite to win the NBA title the last 3 seasons, just cause a few Lebron haters on the forum tried to down play the Heat doesn't mean you made some miraculous prediction.

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

My predictions aren't miraculous. They are intelligent, logical and well thought out with no bias. Yes. I picked them the past 3 years. However if you go look at all the game threads in the playoffs for the past 3 years, the majority of clutchfans picked other teams like the Bulls, Celtics, Pacers, Thunder, and Spurs to beat them. My picks were in the minority around here.

It's much much much more than a few LeBron haters. Most people though that LeBron and Wade couldn't exist together and that the Heat's supporting cast wasn't strong enough to win it all. Many people here were calling for the break up of the big 3 and these weren't LeBron haters.

This year I'm picking the Spurs. Not because I want them to win, simply because I think they will. I don't make my predictions based on bias like you guys do.

16. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

No I am not looking forward to watching it, in all honesty I really only like the Bulls out of the East ever since ATL lost Al.

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The Heat and LBJ are definitely going to make the ECF, if not the finals. The NBA needs the "Lebron chasing greatness" narrative for as long as possible.

The Pacers on the other hand, who knows? I never really saw them as an elite team. Sure they have a great defense but basketball is a two way game. It's like they are the defensive version of the '05 Suns; elite at one end but okay at the other. But the Suns had a legit MVP player and everyone on their team fit the system perfectly. Not so much here since I think George and Stephenson are better in faster systems, not walk it up court and grind for points aka Grizzles. I really think a team like Toronto or the Nets, both of whom are more balanced than the Pacers just not as talented, beat them in a series.

18. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I would love to have Stephenson as our 6th man.

19. Nook

Nook Member

The problem is that Lance doesn't see himself as a 6th man.

20. quatin

quatin Member

Don't overlook Chicago. Underdog upset over Miami before they even get to the ECF.