1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. archinkent

archinkent Member

Why not we just reserved judgement until after the next game(s)?

If he does continue to play well then maybe he was actually injured, but if he doesn't then last night was just a fluke.

2. TheJet

TheJet Member

Yep. I noticed vs. Miami he looked to have some quickness back even though he didn't play very well. Last night he looked he was moving even better. Although that first awful shot had me concerned... :grin:

Obviously he played much better. So either he's healthy or broke through his slump (for this game). If he has a stinker in the next game it will bear out the theories.

Regardless it was great to see him back out there hitting his stride. And taking care of the ball!

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Just watched the game. Lin looked impressive in the minutes he played. Hopefully it is something he can build on. I'm pulling for him. The Rockets are a much better team when he is playing up to his full capabilities.

Liked what I saw from Canaan too.

4. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

i would say he did not look right the last 3 or 4 games, he was playing ok before that

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

He kept the dribble alive and looked good. Would like to see him reproduce this against better competition besides 2nd/3rd stringers tho

1 person likes this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He will I honestly saw a difference in his game yesterday right after he says his back feels a lot better. That affected his confidence and game obviously. So I can now truly understand why he had all those bad games.

7. platypus

platypus Member

Jeremy needs to play his Sixth man role like a Surgeon. On the bench, analyze the game and determine the weak spots in a team's defense.

Then Come in and exploit said weaknesses. I thought he did that to an extent last night, he attacked Evan Turner on both offense and defense and directed the offense well.

I like our Pg rotation. Beverly is like a bruising RD who does work while lin is a shifty player who needs to get in the creases and get to the line.

8. Linsanity

Linsanity Member

YES, I AM BACK!!!!

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

About damn time!

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

At least I hope that's the reason.
    A healthy Jeremy makes that 2nd unit really formidable.

11. Linsanity

Linsanity Member

I am here to stay for good now. Don't you guys worry.

12. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

it all makes sense now.

Lin had a back issue that the team knew about, but obviously didnt tell the media. brooks had been traded so it was either an injured lin or canaan. the coaches chose to not to play a rookie and instead played lin in limited minutes. also before this happened, the team had success playing both lin and bev to start the 2nd. all of a sudden during this time, lin and parsons started the 2nd. in hindsight it seems they wanted to rest bev and allow parsons to be the scorer. also, when lin was in, his shot was worse than his norm and at the rim he wouldnt even try to score but instead tried to pass. his overpassing likely led to the numerous TO's.

13. Dei

Dei Member

Possibly. Or he could've just stunk. We don't know the exact nature of his injury so it's not proper to attribute his poor play solely to his injury.

14. zdrav

zdrav Member

He's played with big leads before and didn't look nearly as good. Moreover, he was still playing against most of Indiana's starters in the 4th. The Pacers hadn't given up by then.

15. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

the logical deduction is that his injury affected his play. sorry if that doesnt fit into the clutchfans narrative that he's a scrub...

16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol.....he played well in the 1st half and it was a 5 pt game when he came in.

WHen Lin was in late 3rd quarter it was 16 pts will pacers still with starers in. A little run and Indiana would've been right back in the game.

17. Dei

Dei Member

Nobody knows exactly the nature of his injury. Idk how you're so sure of how the injury affected his play. Dunno how that's logical. Sounds more like you're the one making a comfortable narrative for yourself.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think its more proper to give him the benefit of the doubt then to assume he just sucks.

He clearly hasn't been the same player, but was much better last night. I'm optimistic we'll see better play from him in the coming weeks.

19. Dei

Dei Member

^It's the how bad he was. I just can't imagine any injury that could fly under the radar for him to make the type of bad ball decisions he made.

20. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Likewise, nobody knows exactly the nature of his injury. Idk how you're so sure of how the injury does not affected his play. Dunno how that's logical