1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Humbly asking for your help.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Mar 3, 2014.

1. HookemHorns1250

I don't think you are giving yourself enough credit. You thank all of us continuously, which is extremely kind, but pat yourself on the back first. You came here...and opened up, asking for help which as you mentioned was extremely hard for you to do. You are also working tirelessly with the rest of your family to help with the money issue.

You are a great son, and your father I'm sure is grateful and lucky to have you by his side. You're a great inspiration to show what family is all about.

Also....bump. Keep this at the top!

2. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

THIS!

Keep yo head up man.

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

You're right. It's definitely not easy, but I'm doing all I can to help Dad. I appreciate the kind words, but CF has given so much and helped me and my parents. Hopefully, these funds will help Dad get some in home help while we're are working out the details with insurance and researching the state and VA benefits and programs.

If this is wearing me out, I can only imagine what Dad is going through. I can understand why he would want in home help 5 days a week.

4. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

just want to let you know I am thinking of you and your family.

5. NateNate

NateNate Member

Hoping that things get a little less stressful.. Wish i could give more

6. Falcons Talon

Thank you Azoghbi. Prayers, advice, positive energy, it is all much appreciated!!!

NateNate, Every bit helps. Thank you so much for your generosity.

7. Falcons Talon

Just an update, your generous donations are going to help mom and dad fly up to Houston on Monday for a follow up at Baylor Medical. We were there this past summer for mom's diagnosis, but with moms condition, Dad doesn't think she can handle the drive, so he was going to cancel the appointment. I'll be using the donations to get them a flight to and back. Thank you all again for your help. There is so much that comes up and every thing costs so much. The whole family is doing everything we can to find assistance for my parents, but that process is so time consuming. The links that were provided have helped so much...given us some direction where to turn for help.
    God bless you all.

8. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Bumped and donated. I think we've gotten you past the thousand mark, but nine thousand left to go.

Perhaps one of the mods may consider making this sticky on the first page so it gets more views.

9. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

I've also linked to your thread in a thread on the GARM where hopefully it gets more eyeballs.

10. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Thanks for posting in the GARM, mollamar.

The best to you and your family, Falcons Talon. Donated and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

11. Falcons Talon

You all are amazing. I woke up this morning to discover that clutchfans have donated over one thousand dollars. I am blown away. I don't have the words to thank you.

Thank you for your donations and helping to spread the word!!!

12. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Done, best wishes for your family.

13. jbasket

jbasket Member

14. Falcons Talon

Thank you for your continued support. My parents should be back this afternoon.

15. Falcons Talon

My friends, you have been so generous. My mom's follow up went as expected. Unfortunately, her condition is advancing a little faster than expected. I didn't realize because I see her often.

My dad's seems a little shook up though, as expected.

If I could ask another favor, can you please share the link with other websites you may frequent. I don't know where else to turn. I've already gotten rid of my truck to free up money to help my dad.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hi Falcons,
    I am so sorry to read this. There are so many others in the same very difficult boat. (One in my wife's family right now).

I have been looking around about the VA, and here's why. I worry that no matter how much you raise, home healthcare is so expensive that charity just won't be able to keep up. Some VA State Veterans Homes will accept spouses of veterans, and this is worth many phonecalls, IMHO. It sounds like the ideal situation would be comprehensive palliative care or even hospice care, if that's at all possible.

http://www.va.gov/GERIATRICS/guide/longtermcare/State_Veterans_Homes.asp#

There are seven veteran homes in Texas.
    http://www.nasvh.org/StateHomes/statedir.cfm

17. Falcons Talon

Sorry I haven't been back for a few days. I needed a breather. Time to clear my head.

Thanks B-Bob. I completely understand on how expensive home health care is. I appreciate the links you've provided. I'm not trying to fund ongoing home health. Just get dad and mom started while we find any services we can use. This is so stressful.

My dad is way beyond frustration level, and its like pulling teeth to get his to talk to service providers. We asked him for power of attorney so we(children) could do things for him, but her refused, so now it becomes phone tag between providers and the getting them the info we need.

Thanks again for all your donations, advice, links, and prayers. It all helps so much. Like I asked earlier, if you could please share the link on other websites or with friends we would be eternally grateful.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You should talk to your dad about getting a limited power of attorney. They can be for a specific duration or event. I don't know all the particulars, but this appears to be a situation where one is warranted (you just want to help him with this process).

19. Falcons Talon

I'll talk to dad about that. Thanks for all the advice and guidance you've shared.

20. Falcons Talon

The VA does not recognize Power of Attorney.