1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we look to Jeremy Lin to be our closer as opposed to James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 11, 2013.

?

Should Jeremy Lin be our closer instead of James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

50.8%
  2. No, Beardsanity > Linsanity.

49.2%
  1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

ummmm trade lin

2. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Thats the thing. No one is putting Jeremy down. He is no where near the player of Harden and that is just a fact. It is not an insult. I just like rubbing it in Lin fans faces because they make stupid threads like this.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This thread was ridiculous to begin with (although sadly not surprising) but outside of the TOs Lin played well tonight. His shot looks so much more comfortable then it did earlier in the season. Nobody with an ounce of intelligence ever believed that Lin should have the ball over Harden anyways so just be happy we came out of that game with a win.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

its not the TOs imo its the fact that he picks up the dribble and then that leads to a bad pass. If he keeps the ball alive it makes him a triple threat, not a double threat

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i like jeremy

but he isnt a PG he's more of an undersized 2 that fits better with the 2nd unit where he can create his own shot.

6. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

You go with the Hot hand, but when you are talking about last shot, then thats what you got James Harden for. He is your superstar, this is what superstars are for.

PS. The poll is pretty confusing on first look. I accidently voted for first option bcuz Harden does make me soften, when he says "THIS IS MY CITY"

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale said the final play was set up for Jeremy Lin. After Ariza fouled Harden, McHale switched the play to Harden.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/433813901700907008">February 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I think Lin is more of a SG then he is a point.

9. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

OHHHH i was wondering how McHale became so smart all of a sudden. So basically it was a Lin iso play but because of the foul, Wizards knew what we were trying to do so we faked Lin and went with Harden instead.

McHale got lucky cuz that Lin play probably would have resulted in a turnover.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With game-winner tonight, Harden is tied w/ LeBron for second (behind Irving) in clutch (ahead or behind by 5 or less in last 5 min) ppg.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/433818286417924097">February 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

11. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A lot of discussion here over what McHale said, but earlier tweet was wrong: Final play was always designed to go to Harden.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/433819777044201475">February 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

12. hollywoodMarine

Sorry, this is off topic. Didn't you used to really not like Lin's game? Just surprised that you would compliment him today as I thought this was not one of his better games haha

This is going to be a stupid question, but can someone explain to me why people do that at all? I don't see any good that comes of it unless maybe your afraid of it being stolen or something, but quite a few times this game, Lin brought the ball up and just picked up his dribble right away with no pressure from defenders or anything. And like you said, some of those led to those bad passes. It's inexplicable, and I'm trying to understand why.

13. Gil

Gil Member

Loooooooollllllll

1 person likes this.
  14. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Quit trolling seriously.

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

he really needs to work on his dribbling. its more problematic then his shot.

16. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

of course he needs to be our closer...did anybody watch the game tonight?

17. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Is this thread hilarious to everyone yet?

18. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Who started this thread lol...

Quick, start a thread looking to Bev to be the closer!

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin! Where are you? I take no joy in pointing this out, but Lin has been missing in action 4 out of the last 5 games. This coming on the heels of a brilliant 5 game stretch where he produced a triple double. The Rockets are so much more formidable when he is on his game and it has just been painful to watch him play the last few games. This is very frustrating and extremely puzzling.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is to me.

I had to literally argue to some people that Harden was clutch. Some people seem to think that a clutch player is clutch ALL the time.

All it means is if you are in a close game there is a chance that they will pull you through it.

I even said in the very game thread. "Lets just keep this close and hope Harden carries us to a win." and he did a lot of the clutch work to do just that along with Beverly of course.