1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

if we were still rebuilding i would not have a problem keeping lin...but we are trying to win a ring here. we can't wait on lin to develop into a real nba starter. he has so much a stuff he needs to work on in his game. for instance why does he keep driving all the way to rim just to jump in the air looking to pass?.and also his shooting form looks a bit different every time he shoots(as soon as he releases it you can tell if he's gonna miss it). i think he may emerge into a great pg 3 years down the road. BUT "AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT"..lol

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

so we've got Teague/Milsap for Lin/Asik, with Lin going to the Bucks, Asik going to Atl, Ersan going to Houston, Milsap going? ...don't know how the rest plays out.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If we trade Lin for Ilyasova we'll be getting the worse end of that deal.

Of course, another move would likely follow. But a straight up Lin for Ilyasova would make us worse IMO.

EDIT

Whoops. Looks like I didn't read carefully.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Teague kinda sucks.

Would love to get Milsap, but JT's deal is very long. Now if you could flip that to Toronto for Lowry and nab Milsap in the process, that is a deal!

Lin + Asik to Atlanta
    Lowry + Milsap to Houston
    Teague to Toronto

This is a championship lineup:

Lowry / Beverley
    Harden / Garcia
    Parsons / Casspi
    Milsap / Jones
    Howard / Dmo

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

or Kentucky: Terrence Jones/Anthony Davis

6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

THANK YOU!!!!

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The assist to turnover ratio is the big one for me with Lin/Teague comparisons:

Teague 2.30

Lin 1.67

They have roughly the same amount of turnovers per minute, but assists per minute are much higher with Teague. If the Rockets are trying to get away from the free flowing offense and to a more structured one, both Rondo and Teague deals make sense. The lower percentage shooting may be balanced by the low turnovers. Turnovers= Negative Points, Higher Percentage Shooting = Positive Points. A point saved is a point earned, but a shot made is a point earned too. Not sure how this works out statistically, but I guarantee Morey does.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But why would Teague equal a ring this year or even next? At least with Rondo, he's won a title. He went to the Finals a second time. Teague has had some modest success in the playoffs in a lousy Eastern Conference, but otherwise I don't see the appeal. You criticize Lin's jumpshot, yet you seem willing to ignore Teague's inferior shooting percentage.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

he's just saying that a GM would have to be on meth to take Gordon's contract ...and i agree. two more years at $30 mil ...ah ...yeah... no.

10. tzou88

tzou88 Member

I wouldn't mind Lin/Asik for Teague/Millsap, but would Atlanta really do this without additional incentives?

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This year, yeah. Anyone watch the Hawks enough to know why he declined so much from last year?

My dream would be to get Lowry and Millsap while keeping Harden, Parsons and Dwight. But that's almost too good to be true.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Why would Toronto volunteer to get raped?

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

In Canada it's cold so they need the warmth of a nice fleecing?

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

#1414 Tfor3, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  15. Gil

Gil Member

Teague sucks and Lin is better. Tired of the grass is greener on the other side mentality on this forum.

16. delishman

delishman Member

I interpreted blue as in blue chip, meaning that they had to include some sweetener to move that contract.

I think he is affirming that Ego's contract is absurd but that there is more to the discussion.. whatever the Heisenberg Blue is. (Jrue Holiday, Ryan Anderson, another team..?)

The reading that you'd have to be on crack to take on EG's contract is not a mystery and would be pointless to leave a clue stating the obvious.

17. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

jeremy has gotten better a shooting but not at running our offense. giving the ball to harden and hiding in the corners is not what a point guard is suppose to do. lin is basically a shooting guard playing pg..we need a pure pg. that plays both ends of the floor. rondo and teague do those things. remember that series when teague was giving (pre injured *MVP) d rose all he can handle on offense and defense

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No idea, some rumors they have interest in Teague.

19. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

How could a 2002er be a Lin Only Fan?

20. delishman

delishman Member

If he is that he is saying nothing at all. And while I do think Doc speaks in absurd ridiculous riddles that are often impossible to interpret, he usually just offers commentary straight up (like his claiming of being sad if chan got traded) but rather only puts trade rumors in clue form.

But again... I self admittedly spend too much time on these things.