1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

F my man card. Just watched it this weekend and it became my favorite non-Pixar movie that Disney has done since The Lion King. It's on the same stage of musical classics that Disney came out with around the 90s like Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Pocahontas, Mulan, etc.

Reading up on the development and source material, I was really impressed with how Disney adapted it. I thought it was a perfect adaptation and the animation was really wonderful. The music was pretty good for your typical Disney music. One of the song sequences won multiple awards because of the song, how it relates to the story, and the animation of it was top-notch.

Everyone pretty much agrees that the trailers didn't create much excitement for the movie. I didn't think much of it until I saw how positively critiqued it was, and having watched it, I agree whole-heartedly.

10/10 for me.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Nebraksa- 8/10

Probably the best movie I've seen of 2013. Very funny, but also has touching moments about the heartland Americana and extended families.

I can see why it's up for Best Picture this year and Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress. I think June Squibb stole the show. She was hilarious.

3. BonziWellsGOAT

A Fistful of Dollars - Obviously a Classic, The man with no name is one of the most badass movie characters ever. 9/10

LA Confidential - One of my favorites. Such a good, intriguing story about corruption and murder that always keeps me on the edge of my seat. Stellar cast too. 9.5/10

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

42 - Really loved this movie. Got a little teary-eyed when Pee Wee put his arm around Jackie. Very well done bio-pic.

5. conquistador#11

DON JON, a 7.798/10. I really hated JGL's accent but as the story unfolds it didn't even badder me. the scenes at club remind me of the hangout forum, no bro she is not an 8 maybe a 7.:p

1 person likes this.
  6. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

LOL repped for point well made

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Escape Plan - 4/10

Pretty bad... and Ahnold had no cheesy one liners. Wished he played a more "ahnold" character than just some random old dude with connections. This movie was about Stalone and Ahnold's part could be played by any no name actor. The least they could do was give us some tittays...

8. Classic

Classic Member

Last Vegas

8.5/10

pretty funny yet depressing at the same time knowing the inevitable

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Lego Movie - 10/10

HOLY COW. This movie was so damn hilarious and I loved it from start to finish. Completely clever and over the top, and surprisingly one of the funnier movies I've seen in a long time. AWESOME MOVIE.

10. TheresTheDagger

Much of the filming of this movie was in my hometown of Billings, MT. Was pretty cool watching em film last winter.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

In a World - 7/10

Fun indie movie, and I'm a big Lake Bell fan. Would recommend.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've been meaning to see this for a while. Lots of people I like in that movie

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I didn't really enjoy it. It seemed like they made most of the dialogue awkward just to be awkward funny, which didn't really work.

I'd give it a 5/10. It was pretty boring and I fell asleep for a part of it, so that's being generous. Just wasn't my kind of movie.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I liked it, but I can understand this criticism, for sure.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Instructions Not Included - 9 out of 10. Great foreign film. Alternately funny and touching. Well acted (other than a really bad wig at the start).

Gravity - 7 out of 10. As much as I try to like Sandra Bullock, she tends to bring down most movies for me, and this one was no exception. Fantastic cinematography, great special effects, and Clooney was good. Even the Bullock underwear scenes (and she does look smoking in those scenes) can't remind me that she has two modes... underplay and overplay.

Drinking Buddies - 7 out of 10. Seems that any movie with Olivia Wilde and Anna Kendrick should get an automatic 10. And Olivia Wilde is great in this one. Maybe I was tired, but too much of a slice of life and a "don't fish the company pier" story. Free on Netflix Instant.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Started watching After Earth. Don't know if I should even bother finishing it. They just crashed and the kid is going out for the beacon. I really don't care if he lives or dies...he's just been annoying with a dumb blank stare on his face.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Prisoners 7.5/10 some really good parts of acting

18. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Dallas Buyers Club
    9/10

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Django Unchained-7.5 or 8 out of 10

Waltz was great but it felt like it ran long.

20. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Dallas Buyers Club - 8.5/10

WTF Jared Leto. Incredible acting.