1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Heard some news about some potential deal involving Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Feb 14, 2014.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure I want anything from the Knicks that would be realistic.

If we are letting both Lin and Asik go, we'd better get some pretty good bench pieces in return.

2. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I don't think there should be a trader between Knicks and Rockets. Not a good idea.....

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Len 2 lakes 4 peenutz

4. Doktor Mndbndr

Some combination of the following:

Tyson Chandler + Shumpert + Hardaway + Beno for Lin + Asik + draft picks

Rockets pick up an awesome 5 in Chandler for two years of championship run, Hardaway (first year of rookie scale) shoots 3s at 40% and can fill in at Lin's current role as third guard, Shumpert (2 years left of rookie scale, disliked by Dolan) and wing defender, Beno (has asked for trade) and a nice backup PG in the way Euros are.

Rockets have to throw in some draft picks to make it work, though, and that part I don't see. The Rockets have an excellent eye for talent, whereas the Knicks would waste those picks.

5. Little General

How are you an illwisher? Well you said it yourself. The other guy you replied asked if you were a rocket fan or more of an illwisher. And you said "both". And like I said, Felton isn't gonna be productive... He brings absolutely nothing positive to this team. Zero, nada, nothing. And people don't wanna trade Lin while he has been productive to the team for someone that is a scrub. J.R. might bring something, but he has been bad this season. A career low season. So this is not gonna help the team at all. If people want to trade Lin, then it has to be for something good and that is not Felton or J.R.

6. calcium

calcium Member

I am sure that was tongue in cheek.

It was pretty silly of the Knicks to have let Lin walk.
    In hindsight, they should have offered him a contract which I
    am sure he would have signed.

Instead, they let him go to the market to see what his value was.
    And that's when the Rockets stepped in.

Should have never let it get that far.

Maybe cos they had JKidd and RFelton as plan B.

7. Doktor Mndbndr

It's time to pull a drag net through this thread for another mass ban of LOFs :)

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Asik and Lin for Melo?

9. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I'm torn here. I like Jeremy, I don't want to see him go. But if trading him means restoring some semblance of sanity to the GARM....well...

1 person likes this.
  10. yummyhawtsauce

oh whoops my bad! i meant both as in, Lin fan and rockets fan...as for trading, I dont think they wanna keep Lin's contract so DM will be willing to dump him for expiring contracts/scraps....i mean i really dont think Lin is in the team's future plans anyway so why don't they start the process now instead of toiling around with him on the roster

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lin and Asik for Bargs and Shumpert

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel you brother.

The needs of the 99ers outweigh the needs of the non 99ers

13. Little General

That might be so, but Lin has been productive off the bench. If they gonna trade Lin it has to be someone who is also going to be productive.

14. Raven

Raven Member

If the Knicks aren't afraid of Lin's contract, they could be the facilitator in a three team deal.

In any case, just five days until the deadline, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

GARM > success of the team

Right

16. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

If there are two players on this Rockets team, that have the most potential to be more than their current roles, I think it's Asik and Lin.

So, unselfishly, seeing them traded away in a package, together, might be good for their individual game. But, as a Rockets fan, I think they are both important parts of this machine.

Asik might be a lost cause...he really wants the hell out of Houston.

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

As long as we get an offensive sparkplug in return...the bench deoth this season without lin is...discouraging

18. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lmao@Lin's fans getting scared he might be headed back to NY. Especially given the fact you just started watching the NBA during Linsanity lol. Tim Hardaway should get any deal done involving Lin. Hardaway has more upside and fits this team better

1 person likes this.
  19. Apache

Apache Member

Melo don't get along with Lin. He once compare Linsanity to the movie Rudy's .. what a dork.

20. visible

visible Member

Lin is good player to any team.