1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Decision on Rudy needs to be made quickly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, May 8, 2003.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Rudy will be back. So many people have conveniently forgotten what happened during the 3 previous seasons. Francis' first year, he was a rook. 2nd year, best record to not make the playoffs, EVER. 3rd year, hurt for most of the season. This year, I can't explain it. We should have been there. Rudy getting sick was the straw that broke the camel's back though. People blame Cat for not adjusting, but he took 4 less shots per game and played the same amount of minutes. 2 things need to happen for us to succeed. Yao needs to be here on time and well rested. I know China is the most important thing for him, but he'll never be good in the NBA if he doesn't get a chance to rest and sufficient training camp time to implement an offense. With that, he'll be a far better player. Francis needs to wise up. I don't care about his assists, it's the TO's that need to go down. He showed progress in the 2nd half, but not enough.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe that Rudy will be back, but if Les was going to fire him it should be done soon. But not so the Rockets can look for another coach, you do it out of loyalty to Rudy who's given everything for this team. If he's going to be fired it should be now so that he could look for jobs with other teams.

3. OT

OT Member

HP
    How can we not settle for the best available? If someone is under contract, they aren't available, unless you are talking about getting someone's asst coach for our head coaching position. I'm confused.

Verse
    You said "but for the most part i think we have been tumbling (nachbar, collier, langhi, kt, shard, griffin). " Your whole team can't be made up of high 1st round picks, so you have some scrubs. I have to agree with you though, our scrubs use to be better when we were getting them from the CBA.

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't stand promoting failure. It's horrific. You may as well tell us Bozo the Clown and his Klown Kar of assistants are coming 'back" for next season. Honk Honk! Wacky! Another loss! Turns out, that bucket of confetti really doesn't stop the pick and roll! Who'd of figger'd ? Oh, boo hoo. Sad Clown! Hey, let's make the Giant seem small, and the little guy act like a giant! There's an act! And more Moochie! Can't get enough of that!

Great image for your franchise, Lester. Way to show half the world what "professional" means.

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I guess we have to have somebody that knows how to reset the clocks after a power outage.

Please tell the coaches to lose the "we just couldn't put the ball in the basket" phrase after having front row seats to jacking up 20 footers with no time left because they took too long to "analyze the defense".