1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dianelo

dianelo Member

Tonight loss to Thunder was on the coach. He got outcoached with made no adjustment and just relied on players to win game for him.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It really is like Kubiak is calling the plays out there.

The first 15 minutes go swimmingly. Then it's just a factory of sadness once the other team figures out what we're doing.

3. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Only young players on min contracts, who haven't gotten paid yet, play their hearts out night in and night out; Parsons, Bev, Casspi, Jones, and DMo.

Dwight, Harden, Lin, Asik, all are playing with disinterest and lackluster effort to a certain extent, at least not on a consistent basis. There were games those players just mentally checked out. It's really alarming for me to notice how this team has regressed since the end of November.

Has McHale lost the team?

4. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I'm not a big fan of D'Antoni's coaching BUT if we are going to allow guys like Harden and Brooks not to play any D, then we should just try to run the other guys out of the building and he would be the perfect coach.

5. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I knew that when he kept Lin and Dwight out for longer than normal we were in trouble.

6. rockets018

rockets018 Member

I hope we hit a long losing streak. This teams talent level isn't reflected in their play. Yes we have a good win/loss record, but this team is playing awful. So what we have had injuries and a new team together. Horrible halftime adjustments and set plays out of timeouts. Please fire McHale, no free agent is going to want to play here even with Dwight and Harden...

Morey save your brilliant on the go re build with another coach or go down as the next Jerry Jones...talent is great but winning is better..

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Why blame Mchale? He's just following Morey's assignment for this team to make super stars. 3 pointers and drive are also Morey's tactic book 101.

8. rockets018

rockets018 Member

I hope you're joking. Morey does not call the plays nor make in game adjustments. He does assemble the team and have a say in players minutes.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

McFail should be get fired ASAP!!!

10. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Completely agree. I get on cf every single day and have avoided this thread because it was a brand new team and we have had injuries. I have been super patient with McHale but am fed up of following this team with amazing talent to see them lose mainly because of our hc. Pathetic and frustrating that nothing will likely be done..

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I would rather get Kidd to coach this team not McHale

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The window to compete for a championship is small. McHale being the coach makes it smaller and will help to slam it shut even faster.

13. pacmania

pacmania Member

On a lighter note, a former rocket (Scott Brooks) took a former celtic to school on the basics of head coaching.

Hopefully sometime in the future , hiring celtic green over rocket red will not be so fashionable with this organization.

14. SugarLandDream8

Kidd is a rookie head coach who has the potential to learn and get better. In his 1st season there are signs he is beginning to get better.

Mchale is a vet GM and coach for many years. He has always been a scrub. He wont get better. I agree Kidd is a better choice at least with Jason he might develop into a good coach.

Mchale is who he is a scrub coach but he was a superstar player.

But being a superstar player doesn't make you good at coaching and being a GM. Look at Jordan

15. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

So the Iso Harden and only 3 pointers and drive system is totally Mchale's idea??? Seriously??Use your brain.

16. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

McHale lost me tonight. Playing Beverley over Lin in the 4th sometimes, sure, I get it. But Brooks? Aaron bricks a contested three, turns the ball over, and gives up 7 consectuive points to Reggie Jackson (I think more afterwards, but this is when I turned the game off) and he's STILL in over Lin??

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

When you get out-coached by Scotty Brooks you know you are one of the worst coaches in the league.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Big lunkhead oaf. He's the inept I knew he was going to be when they hired him.

19. Screwedup91

Screwedup91 Member

Lots of empty sentences, no true substance.
    Really I've read tons of your impudent comments and it seems you have lots of self-belief, in your opinion of McHale, that clouds the true reality of things. McHale is not competent. You are fooling yourself. Watch other offenses and how smooth they run and how many situations they prepare for. When the first play doesn't work, what happens? They have plan B, C and D right behind it.With the Rockets, McHale just tells them to run and pass the ball. He doesn't find ways for our team to win. He doesn't create plays, which is why we end up seeing our team standing around not doing anything in a half court set. I always wonder why nobody moves without the ball, but I see now it's because they don't know what to do, if someone does move, because that's not how they were coached. On defense, he makes no adjustments whatsoever nor does he seem to discipline the players for being half assed on D, and how has he not have made them shoot free throws for a week straight with their atrocious percentages? I know the players are young and somewhat new to each other but it's about halfway through the season and there is no identity nor consistency. It's about time we move on from him. Let him finish the season but search for a more qualified coach, as Mchale is more of a tanking-team's coach. Not a potential contender's.

20. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I have avoided this thread as well, since it takes time to figure things out with a new team and additional pieces. There are games where Mchale is looks like a genius with his substitutions and then there are games where im just confused and chalk it up to his basketball "genius" that the average basketball fan wouldn't understand. But then my mind goes back to what happened in Minnesota and his choices while he was with that organization.