1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think will happen when PBev is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Yea I agree Lin's stupid turnovers are annoying, but seriously? you think he would have more TOs than Assists?

What was his Assists/TO ratio from last year? There's no way he could regress THAT much to say he will have more TOs than assists.

By they way, I did not say its delusional, just surprised Lin is that low in your opinions

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

The 5 opposing players definitely factor into it. But you're making it sound like I'm comparing Beverley to Lin. I'm not. I'm only comparing the performances of the 2 lineups. I think using +/- to judge individual players is extremely flawed (even when that +/- stat is adjusted). I don't care about individual performances, the performance of the unit in the game is all that matters.

3. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

You did not get the point. Comparing players or lineups, the method is the same, so the flaws are the same. Read TTNN's post again.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

whats the pt differential when Beverly/Jones starting vs Lin/Jones starting?

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

That doesn't make any sense honestly. Thunder have not looked good at all with WB out. I wonder if a couple blowouts are the reason for it.

6. DH12sTeam

DH12sTeam Member

This is great news! Suit him up.

Definitely need Lin to spark the 2nd unit.

7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Yeah, blowouts can definitely skew the numbers significantly. If they have 1 or 2 wins by large margins and a bunch of losses by small margins, the +/- stats will still look pretty favorable.

8. Apache

Apache Member

trade lin ..start pb

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

OKC never run their starting lineup at the end for a reason....lol

10. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

I don't care who starts; I'm more interested in the amount of minutes received.

Lin is playing too much recently (high 30s, even 43 min last game). I'd like to see:

PG: Beverley (30min); Lin (18min)
    SG: Harden (30min); Lin (18min)
    SF: Parsons (30min); Harden (6min); Casspi (12min)
    PF: Jones (32min); Motiejunas (10min); Parsons (6min)
    C: Howard (34min); Smith (10min); Motiejunas (4min)

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Brooks has been a solid contributor, but we are definitely better with our other pgs in there.

Enough Linfanity. Bottom line: The team is better with Bev on the court than Lin. Bev is +5.2 and Lin is -2.0

I still like Lin off the bench because he can carry the team against backups, but his plus/minus numbers are not that of a winner. Bev's are. You start the guy that helps you win and you bring the guy off the bench that helps the winner keep up the margins.

Lin is a ton of fun to watch. He's a highlight reel. I love it when he's on fire, but he is not always on fire. He's like Tony Romo. He does so much that seems like he's an All-Star, but winning without highlights is fine by me. I want a championship and I am realistic when I say, Lin cannot be on fire for an entire playoffs. He hasn't even played an entire series yet.

12. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Lin will head back to the bench. But he's too expensive to be sitting on the bench. Rox will look to move/trade him so they can sign a 3rd star

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

It's not that I think low of Lin. I think he could grow into a solid role player. However, I believe his biggest asset is his marketability and ability to bring in fans from other countries (they'll root for anybody). IMO, Morey signed Lin more for his marketability than for pure basketball reasons. To me he's overpaid for what he's produced for us.

14. TheJet

TheJet Member

I think Morey had an entirely different plan for Lin before we signed Harden. He's been put in a tough spot. I'm not saying he's as good as some think but he's a decent player that could be a key contributor to the team.

15. Fighton

Fighton Member

Bev will work his way back into the starting role, and lin will contribute off the bench at 30min/gm.

the production from the starting unit will not change all that much but bench will be much improved, and we'll go on a run with both chandler and Bev back in the lineup.

1 person likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hence the hate towards harden by LOFs

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Lin's gone from 6.1 to 4.2. Harden has only dropped from 5.8 to 5.3. Parson has gone up a tad. The biggest drop is Lin. Regardless of the reason, my argument is simply that Lin has NOT shown tremendous improvement over last year as the poster I was replying to said.

18. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Is houston finally letting Lin play now? Lol

19. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Whoops, wrong thread. Thought it was game thread. Lol

20. cw3k

cw3k Member

Beverley will be starter with 40 mpg. Beverley is McHale's big 3.

Lin will be a bench warmer