1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You guys really know how to make this ish unreadable. BOTH sides.

2. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

This make me sick? Whos leading on TOs on a gamely basis in this team man??? Yeah great...The beauty of team showed in the first 3 quarters where Jeremy is controling the ball until howard stop doing the screens and JAmes pressed the isolation button...lols Yes James did save the game in the fourth but Rockets shouldnt be in that situation if the lead was just maintained...but wait this is The Rockets with superstars having big egos and clutchfans that are perfectionists...

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It is funny, looking at the box score, it looks like the Rockets had a decent game all around. Even the stats of all the starters look pretty good. I guess it just goes to show how useless a box score is in explaining a game.

4. SexyButIgnorant

Yet another game thread taken by the Jeremy Lin discussion. Those who watched the game know he had a very good game. There's no denying that Wall had his number those 10 minutes in the 4th quarter, but no one on the team was executing.

Great first 3 quarters, then we were brought down to Earth. But I'm glad we showed that we can execute in late-game situations. Gives me some hope come playoff time.

5. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

We won! Simply as that!

6. baki

baki Member

Wall is a great player, awesome 1 on 1 player. Can't remember if he and Irving had a game against each other but would be interesting, pure athlete vs shooter.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

this LOF or LOH bull**** has gotten out of control. way I see it you're a fan or not. everyone has their favorite players on a team and other teams for that matter. you can't judge a player based on one game or a series of plays in a game. I laugh at you dorks.

8. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

you just realized? Corey Maggette laughs at you

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

at least no one was injured.

in the NY-Philly game, the floor was so moist the players kept slipping. Must be tough to play in the northern and eastern cities these days with the arctic spell

10. ILoveWhiteGirls

In your opinion what does the term athletic mean to you? What other adjectives do you want LOFs to use? I don't think that's an insult to John Wall but AB on the other hand? You may have a case. I love AB so you guys duke it out.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin played REALLY, really well for majority of the game so I praised him. Infact eventhough Wall pretty much dominated him in the 4th he kept at it and played well in the last 90 seconds.

12. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

True.

This board is a mess. Every other thread, and every game thread becomes one big mess about Lin.

13. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Well yeah, but you shouldn't say anything good about Lin. That's anti-rockets behavior.

14. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Dont worry much man, haters gonna hate regardless of your explanation...Jlin is not welcome in this team and its pretty obvious...they want him out...

15. tonman

tonman Member

wall is 6'4 195 and brooks is 6'0 161.

it is not that lin is a better athlete than brooks, lin is just taller and bigger at 6'3 200. wall can get by lin but he can't go over him.

again, lin will struggle against smaller quicker guards but as long as he uses his size against them on the other end, it all evens out unless he stands in a corner.

16. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The main problem with lin is that he is very good at what he does well (slashing), and below average at what he does bad (turning the ball over). His defense is average.

17. ILoveWhiteGirls

EVERYONE CHILL OUT!!!! BLAME IT ON THE ROOF, REMEMBER!!!!!

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Or let's just ban you and be done with it.

19. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

You tend to get a bit worked up in the game thread. You praised Lin a lot but LOFs only notice your tirades against him even though you were just as harsh with DH and the officials. Selective reading on their part.

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lin played well. Harden played well, Jones played well. As a team they had a hard time. It is just a young team with a lot of new parts learning how to play together. The good thing is, they won. I think losing this game would have been bad for team morale. They know they have things to work on.